Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mike Cannon

We are currently using ADI tooling for our granite profiles that are ran on Park Industries Destiny.  Our tooling has been visually inspected and seem to be satisfactory.  When running Ubatuba the edge appears to have pits or indentations.  Does anyone have a solution to this?  The polish comes out great with minimal machining lines but once again has polished indentations.

Chris Yaughn

How big are the “identions” ?  

Are they regular and repeating  throughought the edge profile or are they sporadic?

Can you feel them when you run your finger down the edge?

Do you find this problem with different edge profiles or just one set of tools?

Mike Cannon

Thanks for the post Chris. The indentations are tiny and it appears to be in the softer sections of the stone. The profile is a T30R6 (1/4″ round top and bottom). You can feel the pits on the flat and the roundover. The shaping diamond bits (pos 1-4) leave a totally smooth and non-pitted edge. Seems like it is coming from the polishers 5-7. Maybe a pressure issue. So far it is just the one set of tooling. The pitting is sporatic.

Chris Yaughn

I am no CNC guru, but ran my machine for a while.

Sporadic, and only showing up on the polishers would make me think pressure issue also.

I am guessing that it doesn’t show up on black absolute?  That would make me think the polishers are pushing in too hard and the soft spots in uba tuba are getting a smidge different polish.  

That being said, I am not sure I think polishers can make indentions.   So I guess I am no help……

Might try over at the SFA site. more guys running granite CNC’s over there

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.