Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Lenny E

Hi Fabnetters,

I want to give a fabnetter concept a try which I hope other, larger entities will emulate. As a manufacturer I want to ask the fabricator for his or her opinion. While its becoming rarer among the larger players these days, I see many vendors here at fabnet, actually ask fabricators for thier opinion. What a refreshing concept. Vistas Group International in a joint venture with Tower Industries makes an interesting glow in the dark acrylic solid surface product called Lumistone (more info on http://www.vistas.ws) As incredible as this sounds coming from me in China , it is a 100% American owned and manufactured product. The product has been featured in SS magazine, and won the Pinnacle Award in 2004, The offerings are sheets, bowls, strips, and inlay kits.

Ive always thought innovative product design is a key contributor to gaining market share. Lumistone was our effort to keep solid surface at the cutting edge of design.

It is an expensive product in sheet form due to the high cost of the raw materials, used. While that’s great for keeping solid surface in the high end applications, in an effort to make the product more affordable for normal applications we have offered the products in strips, which can be used for drop edges etc, and hard inserts. We also offer liquid inlay kits, so the edge of the countertop can be attractively indicated with a glowing line, at a minimal cost.

Id like to make a request to all fabnetters.. Could anyone who has used Vistas surfacing products in fabrications please send me an email at bashibainc@yahoo.com , or post with some descriptions and pictures of the application. And if you have any ideas on how Vistas Group International can serve your market better, please let us know.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance,

Lenny

We have a couple of vanity tops that have the GITD vanity bowls coming up soon. When we are done I will send the pics to you. We are also doing our new conference table soon and doing the logo with the GITD liquid inlay. Everyone I show the samples to thinks its the coolest thing they have seen. I am trying to sell some table tops with inlay to a local night time establishment, I will let you know how that goes.

John Cristina

Tom M

So where does one go to get Lumistone?

Or is that on the website?

Matt Kraft

Tom M wrote

So where does one go to get Lumistone?

Or is that on the website?

Tom,

Contact Tower Industries

(330) 837-2216

Principal there is Todd Werstler

Plant Manager is Todd Gaebelin (Gabe)

Good folks, good business. Not sure if you will be able to talk to one of those two without getting screened, but they can definetely help you out if you are interested.

Tom M

Todd from Tower. Right. I attended one of his commercial seminars in Fla la land. Sat with Jon “Fab o’ the Year” Olsen.

Thanks, Matt.

Kurt Bonk

Lumistone is very cool! We have been displaying for sometime. People love the concept!

Kurt

Aloha ,

Can any one tell me about availability of this product on the west coast , or if I could some how get A sample piece.

Thanks Darren

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Check the ad in our “Industry Sponsor Ad Section”. This will take you directly to their website. Thanks to Lenny and the folks at The Vista Group for sponsoring the FabNet.

Hi Chen Wei Lun

I think it’s a cool product, I wonder how hard that would be to buy here in Australia.

Lenny E

Hi Peter ,

Weve done some jobs in the EU, I am sure we could some to you in Australia. Email me at bashibainc@yahoo.com, or contact the folks on the website in the Lumistone link.

Best Regards,

Lenny

Lenny E

Dear Andy,

Thank you and all the Fabnet folks very much for all the help and assistance in getting the lumistone link on the fabnet site. Working with you all, just proves what a professional organization Fabnet is.

Best Regards,

Lenny

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

No Problem Lenny. I appreciate all the support. So thank you.

Lenny E

Hi Darren,

Right now North Star (800-383-9784) handles distribution for the mid west-Wisconson Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North and South Dakota, Nebraska. Tower Industries handles it for all the rest. Please contact Tower 614-989-4262-(phone number on the website-click on customer service in the link).

We are talking to folks now about Specific West Coast distribution. I think this product would do especially well in Southern Cal. and Vegas.

Hope this helps,

Lenny

Lenny E

Dear All,

Thanks to everyone for using the Lumistone product and giving feedback. Thanks especially to JCristina (long time no see!) for the use of the material in fabrication and the kind offer of photos. Im putting together an article for a magazine so those will help, If they run the article I will make sure to credit your business for the photos.. Thanks also to Kurt, for displaying the product and to Matt for getting correct information out to all on the website and where to obtain the product. Thanks Darrren, Tom, Peter and anyone I missed for your interest.

Ive always been excited about the product and its nice to see it taking off, We are working on some other interesting stuff also and will keep everyone posted as we roll new items out.

B Rgds,

Lenny

Jon Stark
    Posted By Leonard Elbon on 05/30/2007 5:35 AM

Hi Fabnetters,

I want to give a fabnetter concept a try which I hope other, larger entities will emulate. As a manufacturer I want to ask the fabricator for his or her opinion. While its becoming rarer among the larger players these days, I see many vendors here at fabnet, actually ask fabricators for thier opinion. What a refreshing concept. Vistas Group International in a joint venture with Tower Industries makes an interesting glow in the dark acrylic solid surface product called Lumistone (more info on http://www.vistas.ws) As incredible as this sounds coming from me in China , it is a 100% American owned and manufactured product. The product has been featured in SS magazine, and won the Pinnacle Award in 2004, The offerings are sheets, bowls, strips, and inlay kits.

Ive always thought innovative product design is a key contributor to gaining market share. Lumistone was our effort to keep solid surface at the cutting edge of design.

It is an expensive product in sheet form due to the high cost of the raw materials, used. While that’s great for keeping solid surface in the high end applications, in an effort to make the product more affordable for normal applications we have offered the products in strips, which can be used for drop edges etc, and hard inserts. We also offer liquid inlay kits, so the edge of the countertop can be attractively indicated with a glowing line, at a minimal cost.

Id like to make a request to all fabnetters.. Could anyone who has used Vistas surfacing products in fabrications please send me an email at bashibainc@yahoo.com , or post with some descriptions and pictures of the application. And if you have any ideas on how Vistas Group International can serve your market better, please let us know.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance,

Lenny

So are you a marketing consultant or what? I get confused these days…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.