Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Ok guys this is a question for the pro’s. I just purchased the lt-55. Got it last week and it is great. Now I need a way to get from digital to my work peace.(no cnc) I own another business that does consumer electronics and we are in the process of getting into sign making and graphics for cars. We are going to buy the Roland GX-400 vinyl cutter. I need to find out if I will be able to send my templates over there and have them print them? The way i see it is that if I can then I wont have to purchase a machine for my templates.

Any ideas would be greatly appeciated. Thanks,

Tom M

Travis,

As long as your cutter can accept .dxf files, then I see no reason why it wouldn’t work for you.

What width can it cut?

Didn’t the LT guys just release a package that included a vinyl cutter? I would check this out if I were you. It may only be the Mass. guys close to me, but still…

Email me on Monday at info@mathertops.com, and I will forward you the promo if I still have it. If it was offered, and you didn’t hear about it, I would ask them to correct that.

Tom

Gordon Shell

Travis,

I am also an independant rep for Laser products and Dave is correct we do offer a template maker that goes with the unit, vist http://www.allendatagraph.com to see the details. If you purchase another brand you should be fine also, as long as they read DXF. The advantage of the Allen system is that they send you the Allen Cad tileing software that works with their system, it automatically nests and tiles you larger tops for you with push of a button, other systems will require you to tile the tops manually which can be time consuming.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Thanks

Gordon

Tom M

Travis,

I’m sorry, I didn’t read the part about experts needing to weigh in. This pretty much disallows me from this or any of these threads (Hah!).

Gordon, when we talk about EOS, I’ll have more to ask you about the LT-55. This show just might be when I make a decision on templating systems. I do not want to step on the toes of the company from Mass. that has been talking to me, including inviting me to a webinar (not the one hyped here) a few months back. Will I be out of line in talking to you?

Tom

Gordon Shell

Tom,

You won’t be out of line talking to me, I love letting people know the facts about the system. All of the folks from Laser products work off each other, I would never want to take a sale away from someone that has already invested time into you. I’ve worked with most of the systems and this is the one I believe in the most, I own one myself. I have a good relationship with the folks at Fab Choice/photo-top, and their system is a close second (My opinion of course). Some things to consider are the ease of training on the LT-55, about 1 hour and you’ll be a pro, the others require a couple of days training that isn’t included in the cost, the other is price, the LT-55 is the least expensive of all the big boys.

I look forward to speaking with you this week.

Tom M
    Gordon,

Thanks for the reply. The standard retort to the cost thing is that I would need to buy another full unit if I want another station, or a back-up to the one I have. The Photo-top system just needs another camera.

What have you to say for yourself, young man?!

Tom

Gordon Shell

You can buy 2 LT-55 units for the cost of one Photo-top +additional field kit+ 2 days training, your cost advantage would come once you get to 3 photo-tops.

Tom M

But I get a couple of cute cameras. I need more than one, in case I get in the pic and the camera breaks.

Well I met with Tom from Fabricators Choice yesterday. I dont know if any of you know him but I was very impressed on his knawlege of the industry. I would recomend talking with him if you are in a growth stage with your business and considering buying equipment. ie. Andy asking about fabrication of stone in his shop.

I did ask him about the laser that projects the template onto your work peace. It is kind of expensive but far less than the 24k someone posted on here and it would work. I am seriously going to consider getting it in the near future.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Yea, I met Tom a few times and he is a good guy. Very knowledgable.

Travis H wrote. It is kind of expensive but far less than the 24k someone posted on here and it would work. I am seriously going to consider getting it in the near future.

I believe that was me that gave the 24k price. That is what I remember being ballpark quoted. What is the correct number?

Guy

The laser is 9750 for one. Multiple units get discounts depending on quanity. Plotters are 4995 plus 595 for software. 15,400 will get you one laser system with plotter if required.

Tom M

Gordon (GShell), if you’re out there – will you be in Fla.?

I need to get LT-55 guys and photo top guys together, get them all wicked drunk, and see who is the most direct with what’s wrong with their system.

Jon uses the Photo Top, anyone else?

Tom

Laser Products, IND will be at Surface Fabrication in Orlando 3/16 and 3/17. We welcome a digital template “shootout” We are doing this at Stone Expo in Atlanta as well. Just advise us how you guys want to handle it and we will be there. Contact either Gordon or myself at 205-329-8939

Gordon Shell

Tom,

I’ll be there working the EOS booth, come by and we can talk about EOS and the LT-55, I’ll introduce you to Dan and Jim of Laser products. I’ll also be at the fabnet party so you can get me liquored up there and ask me about the system, sober or drunk its still the best system.

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.