Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Seth Emery

Links to faucet specs and cooking unit specs have been added to the CAD/DXF Library page. Please let me know if there are any other manufacturers or items that you would like to see listed.

Have a nice day,
    Seth

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Thanks Seth, Looks real good. Amazing how many specs and manufacturers are out there.

Seth Emery

Thanks for the compliment Andy, and thanks also for the opportunity. There are quite a few manufacturers out there, and sometimes it is hard to find their websites when doing a search. A lot of times you just end up getting links to faucet depots instead of the actual manufacturer. I occassionally run across a faucet that is listed on the work order that the specs can’t be found for online, and we have to have the actual faucet delivered to us or the specs faxed to us. If the contractor/customer would just have the faucet there for the template, it would make life easier for everyone.

Do you drill/rout your faucet holes at the jobsite or in the shop? We rout all of the faucet holes for vanities in the shop, but with kitchen countertops we frequently drill them at the jobsite. We have ran into problems with window sills sticking out too far, and with customers that wanted their sprayers/etc. positioned differently than we routed them. I will sometimes rout the faucet holes in the shop when there is no wall on the other side of the sink (peninsula or island) or when there is plenty of space behind the sink (unusually narrow sink or sink at a 45 deg. inside corner).

Have a nice evening,
    Seth

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

We drill all bathroom faucets and we never drill kitchen because the customer never know what they want.

Seth Emery

Yeah, sounds a lot like we do. Although, with granite and engineered stone, we drill or have the holes drilled as often as possible before going to the jobsite. It is a lot easier to have our supplier or, now that we are starting to fabricate our own, fabricator drill the holes in the shop than to set up to drill them outside at the jobsite.

We drill all faucet holes in shop…….We tell them to have Sink, Fauet,CookTop,Ect, on site at time of template. Or job will not go onto the cnc till we have them in shop……I know it sounds hardcore…but it works…sometimes it can buy you a little time when your busy….LOL

Wade Stein

Seth

When I try to look up the cad files for drainboards,misc. and switch plates all I come up with is the T-Rex. Not sure what I am doing wrong. On the sink files which line are you using when cutting out sink hole.

Wade

Seth Emery

Thanks for the responses.

MUrban,

It would be nice if the market here was good enough to make those demands, although I don’t have the authority to do so. Glad to hear you must be busy enough.

Wade,

The T-Rex is the only non-sink cutout file that users have donated. It would be great to see some more. About the sinks – are certain lines showing up as dashed lines? These normally represent the flanges. Which files are you talking about specifically? If there are two solid lines, this usually means that the manufacturer gives two options – one for showing a stainless (or whatever sink material) reveal and one for the sink edge being flush with the countertop. I never, well rarely, cut out an undermount sink without first verifying the cutout with the actual sink and template that was sent from the manufacturer.

Have a nice evening,
    Seth

Wade Stein

THANKS SETH FOR THE INFO.

WADE

Tom M
    Seth, here’s a thought – no, make that two:

Corel has vector based images on that come packaged with the product. There isn’t a very high percentage of usable stuff, but the volume you get does yield some worthwhile inlays, borders, etc. I wonder if we could get permission to place theirs that would translate well to solid surface inlay work.

Other than those, I am surprisingly bereft of these types of files. Does anyone have some images that could be uploaded?

Second, I’ve always wondered why, when so many kitchen designers have graphics backgrounds, that someone doesn’t hold a contest for great iinlay designs, that could be separated from easy to hard to actually produce (overlapping colors, etc.)?

Tom

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

MY BAD

I have the files for drain board and other stuff. I will try to post them shortly. Got some other stuff to finish first, but I will get to it. Maybe I will send them to Seth to upload if he gets a chance.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.