Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

We got a pvc pipe and put an air hose fitting on one end and a straight 1/4″ outlet on the other. It was about 10″ long and we used it to blow off our lights. You wouldn’t believe the diffrence in the shop. It made a huge dust cloud, but that settled in about 5 minutes.

Give it a try, you may be suprised.

Shane Barker

Excellent idea Andy I have wanted to do the same thing for a long time now but have not got to it yet. Did you use ½” pvc?

Shane

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I used 3/4 pvc but I forgot to mention I taped a 3/4″ x 1″ x 10′ long stick to the side so the thing would stay straight. It was just to flexible without it.

I also used pvc caps glued to the ends of the pipe and then just threaded them for the fittings.

Shane Barker

Andy,

I was thinking of using copper to help prevent the flex but only because I have some available to use. That stuff is so expensive!!

Shane

Don’t forget about blowing out your CNC’s. We have a pistol grip air blower with a 24″ metal rod on the end that is excellant for getting in those tight places and blowing out every nook and cranny on that CNC, or table saw or sander or boring machine or vertical saw etc…

Dave,

if that one is OSHA compliant, send me one.

John

John, I do know it’d Dave compliant and being used by a dozen or so shops to get in those crevices. I’ll check the OSHA part in the morning.

DISCLAIMER: I, am not the only one that sells long reach air blowers. Please consult your “buy from whoever you want” manual for other options.

Shane wrote

Andy,

I was thinking of using copper to help prevent the flex but only because I have some available to use. That stuff is so expensive!!

Shane

The last time that I cleaned my lights I used a length of 1/2″ electrical conduit. It stayed ridgid. I soldered a 90 deg. copper elbow to the end of it so that I could blow on the lights from the side and get at the top of the bulbs more directly. Worked great.
    Johnny C

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.