Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    KCWOOD

Shortly LG will be out of Lowes… and will be going into HD…. Wonder what is going to happen to them.

I heard today from a fab source, the Viatera being sent to them is so full of pits and holes,  its almost like they are trying to dump junk  on the remaining lowes customers.

This has to be a huge hit for LG…. coupled with fabs never seeing reps anymore, what is the word on the street?

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Won’t it be about the same if they are going into HD? I did hear they were leaving Lowe’s but I don’t know why. It is very interesting.

joe

LG will still sell the Hi-Macs in Lowes, just not the Viatera. Interesting considering that Viatera outsold every other product in our market..

joe

LG will still sell the Hi-Macs in Lowes, just not the Viatera. Interesting considering that Viatera outsold every other product in our market..

Wags

I doubt it’s a blow to LG, I dare say HD sells more product than Lowes does nation wide.

Didn’t Lowes come out with their own branded Quartz ? From several sources, including Hanstone ?

Interesting how the worm turns, huh.

Wags

Viatera will be out of Lowes by the end of May. Only Allen and Roth and Silestone.

Much has changed at LG since the move to Georgia, and the Koreans taking over the whole operation, most, not good. From what I hear sales are dramatically fallen. When it was run by people that knew and understood the market they did well…now.. not so much.

Time will tell what happens at HD.

David Gerard

Do you think the box store fabbers will be getting the better pricing over the non box store fabbers like in the past?
    I think I may even started a thread on the subject in the past. I did make an impact on us getting undermined.

David Gerard

Do you think the box store fabbers will be getting the better pricing over the non box store fabbers like in the past?
    I think I may even started a thread on the subject in the past. I did make an impact on us getting undermined.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

It’s funny because the folks that got Lg into Lowes are the ones that are still working with Lowes but with a different product.

Tom M

I remember when LG first came on the scene and they actively told the fabricators that the fabbers were to be the focus, not the dealers, and definitely not the home centers.

How times change…

David Gerard

I think at this time they should focus on keeping sales personnel in place. I have a new sales person to deal with every 2 months. Issues have gotten lost or tossed in the changing of the guard almost every time. Our rep is great though and has been very helpful so I am happy for that.

David Gerard

Ha! We had a call today from a person who we spent some time with to design a set of tops for. It was in LG. He seemed
    happy with the whole deal but was going to think on it. 4 months go by and he calls us to ask if we would install his new tops from HD(220 miles away)! The store/fabber said they wont come all this way until they have a multiple set of jobs to install.
    “Of course we wont install the tops….LOL” We learned he was going to call an un certified local cabinet guy.
    HD at it’s best right there if they allow that. I may have to call them out on that one.

joe

Posted By Wags on 09 Apr 2013 11:01 PM

I doubt it’s a blow to LG, I dare say HD sells more product than Lowes does nation wide.

Didn’t Lowes come out with their own branded Quartz ? From several sources, including Hanstone ?

Interesting how the worm turns, huh.

Allen and Roth, the Lowes brand quartz is Hanstone.  Different names for the colors

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.