Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    bob h.

Has anyone ever heard of this stone? It was used in a study that we are trying to duplicate. I searched all the stone sites with no luck except that it appears in that particlar study.

Help!

gadi brody

Al, this HAD to be made up! IMO

The guys site even shows stone names and countries of origin but not that one?? I’m on it!

Al, the fine Dr. states that, “countertop materials supplied by Porter Novelli” with a Washington, DC address.

Check out http://www.porternovelli.com A world wide public relations firm but I didn’t see a DC office. ?????????

Chris Yaughn

AL,,

I emailed two of my stone guys. We’ll see.

Chris

Chris Yaughn

Al,

On a whim I ran it through babel fish. I didn’t get results that might shed light on it through the languages offered. Oh, well.

Chris

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Many of the stone supply companies around my area make up the names so that it looks like they have a unique stone color. Doesn’t mean anything. The tester may have just read the label off the back of the sample.

Chris Yaughn

Andy might have it, after all it did say “custom sample”.

Fred Atwood

I wonder if it had Lel’a phone number below the name?

Fred Atwood

RealWorldIdeaMan wrote

I wonder if it had Lel’a phone number below the name?

Damn fingers…I meant Lela’s phone number?

Be careful Fred, it could be Ross’ phone #.

Andy, why, with a study like this would they use a private labeled name instead of Baltic Brown or Black Galaxie? No way…something sounds fishy.

Some of you already know this, but for the others it is worth repeating. Porter Novelli was part of a 100 million dollar publicity campaign for the steel alliance. That 1999 study was paid for by the steel alliance, orchestrated by Porter Novelli.

Chris said it best, this was marketing not science. The more I look at that study, the madder I get at our industry for not challenging it when it came out.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Al,

Don’t get make, get the facts. The facts is what our customers want. NO BS.

Dave,

I would have made it very difficult for others to repeat the test. That is probably why they chose that one.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.