Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    cudink

We are looking for a large orbital sander – maybe 10″ or so? Can anyone recommend a manuf/model?

KCWOOD

Posted By cudink on 06 May 2013 12:09 PM
    We are looking for a large orbital sander – maybe 10″ or so? Can anyone recommend a manuf/model?

hummm I’ve never had a use for one… just curious what you were planning on doing with it? I do have a 12″ GEM sander….

cudink

It would be used for solid surface and wood countertops. Is your 12″ gem sander considered an orbital sander? http://www.gem-industries.com/ss.php is this the same thing?

Tom M

Our 11 1/4″ Gem is worth its weight in gold. Great time saver. That looks like it, but the pad looks different from what we are used to.

Sur-Care sells a ginormous multi pad sander but my guys never liked it. A lot of money down the drain with that purchase.

David Gerard

speaking of the gem sander, Im looking for a good and fair priced resource for 3m discs. After shopping around Im seeing a significant price diff and they will only ship UPS. Who would pay 39.00$ to ship 25 sheets of sand paper?
    I know…wha wha wha Im hopeful there is a better way.

I love the “Gem”

cudink

David,

We purchase all 5″ disc sand paper from Louis and Company. A product called Wurth Emerald clean sanding discs. Approx $15 for a box of 50 pcs. We use it mainly on wood material.

Hope that helps.

David,
    Try “R. S. Hughes”.  They have a warehouse located in Seattle.  I can’t imagine that  UPS charges could be too much.

http://www.rshughes.com/p/3M-268L-H…111_54568/

R. S. Hughes
    7031 South 193rd Street,
    Kent, WA 98032

(206) 767-4463

Johnny C

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Bruce Adhesives carries 3M as well.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.