Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Steve Haley

anyone have any information on LEEDS points on Quartz countertops? I,ve heard that Caesarstone and Cambria quallify but I’m not sure, any clarity would be helpful.

Wags

I believe your speaking about Green Guard Certification. This would earn some small amount of LEED points I believe. Corian, Formica SS also have been certified. The costs are about $25,000 to $30,000 for the testing. Other companies are in the process of being certified.

Tom M

I saw this link from another post. Though it might have been on the front page as well.

I have been skimmiing it, but don’t see any kind of points system. I’ll keep looking.

I did find this also.

It brought up a question that doesn’t really relate to this thread, so I’m throwing it up here.

I’d like asll your thoughts on this, as I don’t know how important or relevant it is.

Tom

Shane Barker

I have posted this before, here it is again, it may shed some light on the way the points work.

Recycled Content: LEED V2.1 awards points for buildings that contain recycled, salvaged, reused, or refurbished materials, with points awarded as a function of the total building material weights (5% = 1 point, 10% = 2 points). Credit is based on the sum of post-consumer recycled material + 1⁄2 of post-industrial recycled material. This contributes to Credits 4.1 & 4.2 of the “Materials & Resources” area.

Local Regional Materials: LEED V2.1 awards 1 point if 20% of the building materials are manufactured (final assembly) regionally within 500 miles of the project site. This contributes to Credit 5.1 of the “Materials & Resources” area.

Rapidly Renewable Materials: LEED V2.1 awards 1 point if 5% of the total value of all building materials used are derived from plants that are harvested within a ten-year cycle or shorter. This contributes to Credit 6.0 of the “Materials & Resources” area.

Certified Wood Materials: LEED V2.1 awards 1 point if a minimum of 50% of wood based materials certified in accordance with FSC Guidelines. This contributes to Credit 7.0 of the “Materials & Resources” area.

Low Emitting Materials: LEED V2.1 awards 1 point (Credit 4.1 of “Indoor Environmental Quality” area) if the VOC content of adhesives is less than the current limit specified in SCAQMD Rule #1168, and 1 point (Credit EQ 4.4) if the engineered wood and agri-fiber products contain no added urea-formaldehyde resins.

Shane

Tom M

Shane, you’re right – I remember the post.

Do you know if there is a resource for this on the web?

Tom

Shane Barker

I will look through my research and see what I have.

Shane

Jon Olson

I attend a seminar last week called. Leed or Follow behind -Joanna C. Switzer. Outstanding seminar!! Empty Class again. Anyways real good information. Here are a couple of Sites you should check out.

http://www.greentimellc.com and http://www.usgbc.org

I, am thinking of joining the usgb local chapter up here in Massachusetts.

Tom M

We really need a Green subject category.

I found this in an email update mag that gets sent every so often. If you have the time to take the course.

It’s from the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI) and the page has further info for all y’all.

Interesting stuff.

Tom

Craig Hebert

very informative guys thanks, I guess I meant “which” companies quartz product are currently promoting LEEDS, or Green?

Shane Barker

I know DuPont’s Zodiaq has the Green Guard certification, not sure about the rest. Might be easier to check their websites.

Shane

Tom M

Shane,

You are correct as usual.

Tom

Shane Barker

I don’t know about the “as usual” part but thanks Tom. I would guess that the other quartz and solid surface products would be soon to follow.

Shane

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.