Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Lenny E

Howdy fellers,

I am not a wood worker, although I do have a woodie now and again

Anyway I offer a link to a real Kool tool box. I like you guys a posting on here, because you exemplify American craftsmanship at its best.

For some ole school wordworking craftsmanship see here

BTW those ivory inlays were way cool!

Brian Stone

I ran across this yesterday and was in awe. I think my tool box has a wrench, hammer, and maybe a screwdriver in it and I still can’t close the cover because of all of the other random crap / junk thrown in there.

Len Smith

Very cool.

David Gerard

wow!!

over the years I have made custom tool storage boxes to hang.   more work to maintain order sometimes than I could muster.  I made a work bench with drawers along with a dead flat top for my guitar building fetish,  I would be very embarrassed for any of you to see it most of the time  quite the catch-all.
    I remember seeing a very impressive collection of tools and how they were stored
    at the “Shelburne museum” in Shelburne Vermont.
    in my dreams could I be that disciplined and organized.
    thanks Lenny.
    Lenny E

I am glad you liked that fellers!

I was totally blown away. I have a tool box or two, not mounted on a wall. They have lots of stuff in there that I have to root through. What that video exhibited to me was :

1.) My lack of wood craftmanship

2.) My state of entropy toolwise.

I have done a few wood projects, the lastest ones refinishing gunstocks on old commie military weapons.

I giot an SKS (siminov) from Romainia with a stock in bad shape a few days before I had to fly out and could not attend to it.. Just for giggles, when I return to the States, I will post before and after pictures, removing cosmoline from the stock, removing the finish, reparing stock and putting a new BLO (boiled Linseed Oil) finish on it.

I did many gunstocks like that previously, but never took pix.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

My Craftsman Toolbox looks exactly like that…minus the organization and precision tools.

I would love to see the guys pianos.

Posted By Lenny E on 06 Apr 2011 10:45 AM

I have done a few wood projects, the lastest ones refinishing gunstocks on old commie military weapons.

I giot an SKS (siminov) from Romainia with a stock in bad shape a few days before I had to fly out and could not attend to it.. Just for giggles, when I return to the States, I will post before and after pictures, removing cosmoline from the stock, removing the finish, reparing stock and putting a new BLO (boiled Linseed Oil) finish on it.

Lenny:

This may help.

Joe

Wags

Way cool. Wish I had the patience to build something like that, and the expertise.

The woodworking world went crazy in 1980 when Gary Knox Bennett debuted his infamous nail cabinet. The old-schoolers flipped out.

Joe

Lenny E

Posted By Kowboy on 08 Apr 2011 11:35 AM

Posted By Lenny E on 06 Apr 2011 10:45 AM

Lenny:

This may help.

Joe

Joe, thanks for the effort. I really apprecaite it. Thank you.

Its a commie military arsenal gun. The metal on the gun is par excelllant (sorry I didnt have time to put that french doo hickey over the excellant). The metal is like brand spanking new and needs no electrolysis per your link.

The gun has no counter boring (counterboring isnt really a bad thing if one understands and examines it). From measurements, Headspace is well within tolerance as is the business end of the barrel.

The bolt works like a charm, it cycles rounds flawlessly up from the 10 round integral clip. The integral bayonet flips out and locks like it should.

When I get State side, I just have to pull out the metal, decosmoline the stock (and metal) and lovingly refinsh the stock and re-assemble.

Its quite simple. I will post B-4 and after pix and maybe a range report.

markspend

Hey Lenny well the link which you post is a great video about woodworking. Thanks!!

Lenny E

My Pleasure Mr Mark. I am not a woodworker, (except for refinishing military surplus rifle stocks occasionally) . I like to bring them “warhorses” back to life!

I like to see the “woodworking” projects though. If you or anyone else have some cool wood working projects (they don’t have to be yours) ; please post them on up.

markspend

Posted By markspend on 08 Oct 2013 10:53 AM

Hey Lenny well the link which you post is a great video about woodworking. Thanks!!

Stone Suppliers

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.