Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Seth Emery

I almost always verify my cutout files with the actual sink, but I can’t say that I’ve always checked both sinks if using the same model on the same job. Thankfully, I wasn’t flying by the seat of my pants today. We had two Kohler 2210’s come in for the same job recently from the same supplier. I checked both sinks out. Just looking at the sink flanges, you could tell that they vary. The front to back openings of the sinks differed by 1/2″. If I would’ve routed the cutouts to the size of the template, the one sink would’ve had a reveal of the unfinished flange.

Just something to watch out for,

Seth

Jon Olson
    Thanks Seth. How’s my Man doing? Keep up the good work.
    Seth Emery

I’ve been doing great personally, but work has slowed down drastically in the last few weeks. How have you been? It looks like you’re keeping busy and making positive moves as always.

Keep it up,

Seth

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

We have that issue with the 2210 also. Scary sometimes. We have actually had to buy a 2210 because the one the customer gave us wouldn’t work. Then we adjusted the cutout on the next one. Problem is, you have to remember to do it.

Andy

Chris Yaughn

That is the back edge of a caxton 2210 opening cut to a template that had been OK for a while. I can’t figure out what you are paying for when you buy these things. Normally a name brand gets you some consistency.

Buy the pures.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I think the Pure sinks are better too. We bought a bunch in bulk and keep using them. Nice fit and finish.

Tom M

Pure Sinks?

I also check the template to the actual sink when doing undermounts. I have had the problem with drop in sinks one time also. Unfortunately I didn’t notice the problem until I was at the install site, 70 miles from shop.

I don’t remember the model of sink but it was one of those that was scallop shaped around the outside. This bathroom had two vanities with a sink in each one. when I templated I traces one of the sinks on to a piece of cardboard and allowed for 1/2″ to 5/8″ for the flange. On install day when I went to place the sinks in the countertop, one of them, no matter how I moved it, wouldn’t cover the cut out. I had to add back into the cutout on site.

Johnny C

Andy Graves
    Keymaster
    Posted By Thomas Mather on 02/06/2008 10:25 AM

Pure Sinks?

Tom,

Try this link. http://www.thefabricatornetwork.com/ArticleManager/tabid/81/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/41/Affinity-PURE-vs-Kohler-Caxton-2210.aspx

I did a review on this sink (Disclaimer: FabNet advertiser) and they were great. Plus the price is less than $20. I showed my Dad, who is a perfectionist and asked him which he liked better and he picked the PURE.

I think Kohler is getting a premium for the 2210 because of the name but I don’t think it is a very good quality sink.

Tom M

I just read the review. Very nicely done, by the way.

Did you find any problems with the packaging? I’m just curious, as the box design showed the drain flange sticking out.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

The box is a bit flimsy. We bought 20 the first order and they were all very nicely bundled and wrapped up. Absolutely no damage.

The good thing about the packaging is that you can put a lot of sinks in a small area. The large box for the 2210 takes up much more room.

Thanks

Mike Snead

probably made in china everything else that never fits right is

Andy Graves
    Keymaster
    Posted By mikes on 02/18/2008 5:31 PM

probably made in china everything else that never fits right is

The Kohler 2210 that we get are “Hecho en Mexico”. Doesn’t seem to matter. Crap is made in every country.

our 2210 is cut with no reveal. we actually have the countertop hanging over the sink about a a sixteenth. the problem i have found is that depending on were it was made you may get two diffrent size sinks. also for some reason if we have a 3 to 3.5 inch front rail for the undermount bowl the 2210 will be so far forward you have to router the cabinet to get it to work. but this doesn’t happen everytime.

Chris Yaughn

The picture above is from a cutout that usually left a 1/8 overhang. The sink was 1/2 inch “thinner” front to back than normal.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.