Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Mory Ludwick

K C Here’s your Sign

KCWOOD

As I said…. ” Mory, You ‘da man”!!!!!

That is awesome, just awesome!!! Can’t wait to get it!!!!

: ) KC

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

What kind of material is that?

Mory Ludwick

Andy

That is a Piece of Dova’e.

Mory

The sign is awesome Mory! I think you missed your calling. You should have been an artist!

Val

OM

Mory,
    Nice

Gabe

WOW – very nice! I am sutiably impressed! 🙂

Lesley

Mory,

Nice work. I would love to get into doing that kind of work for pay not just because we can. How did you start getting jobs like that? Did you approach sign shops, get a designer interested? By the way what program do you use to do most of that ART work?

John

KCWOOD

Mory,

Got the sign today! Looks awesome! Since I am going to put it on my building, I think I will pour an inlay into it to have more contrast. The Dovae was a great choice, it looks to have a woodgrain to it, that ties into the woodworking. Tell your programmer, he did an awesome job with copying my logo. Everything looks great!

kelsey

Mory Ludwick

John,

We have a friend that has a water jet machine. He does alot of metal fabricating. He has a program called O-Max. I loaded the software on our system and it does pretty good for tracing and copying. We then take it and save it to a DFX and clean it up in Auto-Cad. Its been working quite well for us. Of course, our programmer is awesome and very fast and extremely good at what he does. Everthing I throw at him he seems to get it done ahead of time. The more complicated it is, the more he enjoys it. I’ll call you on the phone and talk to you about pricing and everything else. We are working on a conference room table. We have taken a different approach with this job. The logo is for a big trucking company. They also want to put it in their display cases at difference dispatch areas across the US. THe logo is 5 different colors and they wanted us to match their colors. So we did. Today was the first one that we ran to see how it turned out and I will post a picture. You’ll see we have a couple little white spots we have to take care of. On the arrow, we forgot to hand chisel in the corner and after the first pour we really could not see it to correct. Remember this is 5 different colors. It was reintroduced between colors. I’ll post a picture at the bottom.

Mory

Kelsey,

I am glad the sign got there without breaking. Glad you liked it.

Mory

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Would you guys like to see a comprehesive section in the Resource Center about how to do inlays. We could even get into where to buy products, inlay systems, methods, all that good stuff. Maybe in the future I could get together with Mory and other that do inlays and we could put something together.

Post some feedback to I can get an idea if this is of interest to anyone.

Nice job Mory. Looks great. I love the fact that it is a custom color.

Andy,

thats a good idea to me anyway. I know basics, as most around here are not aware of whats possible. But it seems Mory has a lot of knowledge to share.

John

Chris Yaughn

Andy that would be great. I have only been at this for a few months now and would love some insight as to how to get started doing inlays.

Inlaid SS is a very untapped market inour corner of the world.

Mory Ludwick

Display Case Top.

MORY

Seth Emery

Mory,

What size is the piece with the horse on it? That is some awesome detail. Great job!

Have a nice evening,

Seth

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.