Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

All,

I have been too busy battling the stoners on the consumer sites and have let the logo thing sit too long. We need to get it voted on and get the winner to Fred.

We need to start raising cash for some testing, intrieging possibilities have presented themselves.

Please vote by number, look up your favorite on the logo thread and vote using the number (1 through 9). Please lead off with your vote standing out by itself, then offer any comments. Make it easy for me to count, okay?

Thanks,

AL

I vote for the Black Globe, The blue is ok but after a while it would sort of turn Black to me anyway when pulling copies off printer to show all the information to potential clients anyway

David Gerard

# 4 for me. Says it all and easy to read Thanks Al

Sorry I just figured out they were numbered Al by David’s post…Number #2 ,

Norm Walters

Number 2, for all those looking for the thread with the numbered logo’s, it’s on the third page of the thread title “Need a logo design for the SSA.”

As usual Norm explains things that I forgot to. Thanks Norm.

Fred Atwood

#2 – I suggest reversing the lettering on the lower section so they are white letters in a black bar. Will make it easier to read and appear less busy IMO

Lenny E

Hi Al,

I vote for #3. I like blue and the feng shui fortune teller said 3 was my lucky number this week. Also I just finsihed my 3rd beer (All the designs looked great to start with, but after each beer they all keep looking better and better- I used to have the same problem with ladies in bars as the night wore on, but thats another story). Sorry for not being extremely scientific about it, heh heh.

B Rgds,

Lenny

Brian Miller

So we have a 4, a 3 and two 2’s. Let me see what the differences are, maybe we can combine them.

Chuck Martin

Hmm, 2 and 4 differ on color only, 3 left out consumer education. Pretty close….

Lenny E

First of all,

Im amazed by the lack of votes. But dont worry, from small acorns, big oaks grow. Al, any design you pick is good with me, they all look good. While liking blue, I think consumer education needs to be listed.

B Rgds,

Lenny

morganb67

Well, three for #2, one for #4, and one for #3.

Personally, I like the blue better, but as Fred pointed out, it will eventually wind up black on copiers. Also, logo’s need to look close to the same in black and white, so that is in the favor of #2 over the blue #4.

Lenny mentions that consumer education being mentioned as being important, which I agree with, another reason to go with #2.

I vote #2 (first we get ass when spelled backward, now we are talking about #2).

How about we shut down the voting Tuesday night at midnight, central time?

#2 seems to be leading the pack, here it is:

I like Fred’s idea of reversing the writing to white inside a black box for readability, but will that bring any issues to the front? Will it make a good tee shirt, photo copy economically, and so on? Maybe making the text larger would be better?

I assume we can tweak the basic design after we vote?

Norm Walters

Al, I would worry about how it looks spelled backwards, I mean you can do that kind of thing with alot of logos. If people are ignorant enough to somehow equate the SSA with a bunch of @sses, so be it.

Reminds me of a bait and tackle shop I saw in Bonita Beach, the name was Master Bait and Tackle, now depending on the viewer, well you get the idea.

Ray Acevedo

Al, don’t play ping pong with your mind over the logo(even though I’ve done the same thing). It can be changed down the road as most all are. Heck FabNets logo changed within the 1st year.

Great work on this by the way!

Glen Devitt

Okay, no objections posted, so let’s wrap up the vote at midnight tonite. Got to get moving on this thing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.