Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone! I just registered this morning and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Matt Palmersheim, although I generally get called much worse[EMO]suspect.gif[/EMO]. Anyway, I live just north of Indianapolis and am a territory sales manager for Tech products (distributor of Avonite Surfaces) for the majority of IN and KY. I have been involved in the industry since 96′ and have worked for Avonite directly. I don’t pretend to know it all, and generally do more listening and learning than talking. If there is anything I can do to help, please don’t hesitate to ask even if you are in a market where I am not involved. Oh, and keep an eye out for KC Wood!

Matt,
    Welcome to the board. After ten yrs even I would have learned something.

Looking forward to your insight,
    Gabe

KCWOOD

Matt, Welcome to the forum community. It was great to see Avonite as a sponsor for this new site, and also to learn from you how Avonite is dedicated to help all fabricators grow their business. Of course it didn’t hurt to see Mory post the new displays that Avonite has in the gallery section.

You will find here fabricators helping each other and sharing information freely. I have found any time I have encountered a difficult job, help was just a post or phone call away. Please take the time and revisit this site often, as being a new site, material and info is added daily.Now you can be an even better resource for your customers, by sharing this site and it’s ever growing database, as a place they can turn for information.

Welcome aboard! [EMO]glasses.gif[/EMO]

Mory Ludwick

Matt

Welcome to the Fabricator Network Give me a call some time or e-mail me your Phone-#

Mory

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Welcome to “The Fabricator Network”. We really appreciate all the support from Avonite. we would love to have input and advice from the manufacturers and vendors. It just makes the industry that much stronger.

Andy

Matt,

First, welcome to the network. You’ll find this is a real good group with a wealth of knowledge. Second, to add to Andys about what we like to have, he forgot to say shirts. T-shirts. We need to find some of the old Avonite shirts that said on the back “All of the Products, None of the attitude” It is my favorite one and I need more.[EMO]bigsmile.gif[/EMO]

Thanks

John

Hi Matt!

We are always looking into new solid surface products that we can offer. Do you guys have distributors in the west? I haven’t heard much about your company, but I am new to the industry. 🙂 I checked out your website. Can any of the rest of you tell me what you like about Avonite? Thanks!

Lesley

Who is your distributor and what sizes do you need? I don’t have any more but may be able to track down a couple for you. Need your name/address as well.

Jcristina wrote

Matt,

First, welcome to the network. You’ll find this is a real good group with a wealth of knowledge. Second, to add to Andys about what we like to have, he forgot to say shirts. T-shirts. We need to find some of the old Avonite shirts that said on the back “All of the Products, None of the attitude” It is my favorite one and I need more.

Thanks

John

If you can give me a town and state, I can get someone to come out and meet with you to discuss Avonite and other potential products and services they may be able to offer to you. You should definitely get the opinions from others here in this forum but keep in mind a lot of what you will experience positive or negative with Avonite or any other SS brand has a lot to do with your local distributor. Service is key! First off, you will never hear me say anything negative about another product. I think the large SS Manufacturers have a great product. Why should you take a look at Avonite vs the other brands??? Well, I’m going to slow down here b/c I think we are not supposed promote here. I could go on and on, but here are just a few facts, just facts.

Made is USA

2 Lines – 1 box Foundations 100% acrylic which is price driven/ 1 box Studio 100% Polyester which is color driven.

Not just “me to” colors

Studio Collection gives fabricators the ability to offer something that aesthetically looks like granite/quartz/glass/cement etc. that is not available in a acrylic SS. Therefore the ability to compete in many other market segments (granite/quartz) without the capital investment and/or having to sub out work. (nothing against a fab. doing everything)

You don’t compete w/Avonite in the big box stores. We cater more to the local shops and K& B dealers. (nothing against a fab. who does big box work)

elisesmommy wrote

Hi Matt!

We are always looking into new solid surface products that we can offer. Do you guys have distributors in the west? I haven’t heard much about your company, but I am new to the industry. 🙂 I checked out your website. Can any of the rest of you tell me what you like about Avonite? Thanks!

Lesley

KCWOOD

Lesley,

First, Avonite is not sold in the big box stores, take a look in the gallery section at Avonites new sales centers, nothing like it out there that I have seen, plus they offer a Studio Collection that is a polyester, that is real nice. Make sure you get educated on the fabrication of the polyesters, totally different than acrylics.

I like all the same pricing in the whole Foundations box, very competitive pricing too. I know Mory is having great success with it. When Mory speaks, everyone should listen.

Kelsey

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I like what you said about the distributor. We work with some manufacturers soley based on our relationship with the distributor.

First, welcome to the group. i’m new here too. and
    we just switched over to using primarily Avonite brand solid surfacing.
    i havent had the chance to play around with the polyester line yet but
    i find the acrylic based to be very consistent and great to work with.
    We are only ably to buy in skids of 12 sheets. I dont know if it’s our
    distributer or what the deal is. I’m not the purchasing dept. but i
    really like their adhesive and how all the seams turn out so easily.

Lesley,

Avonite is great for those customers that want something different. When you do a job out of their studio collection most customers are “wowwed” its not your same old stuff that everyone has seen. Even though they have that too. Not hard to work with if you follow their instructions, but if you have a fabricator inyour shop that thinks they know better and decides to take it upon himself to not follow procedure you could have a problem. Their acrylics fab the same way as everyone elses.

John

Mory Ludwick

Lesley,

We have recently have started a relationship with Avonite and our success is growing. The distributors that we work with have lot to do with that. They pay attention to us, they talk to us, they help us with ideas, and help to market their products. We also sell other products. We have Staron, the rep is only a few blocks from us. Great people and our rep is a nice guy. We have very little communication, but he has told us many times if we need anything to hollar. No marketing strategy, no sink promo’s, no nothing. Not much of a relationship, although we do sell some of their product, but not alot. Take for instance LG HiMacs. Very little product goes out of our shop since Northstar is no longer the distributor. We received paper in the mail welcoming us and have never heard from them since. No relationship whatsoever. I can go on about other products, but our whold company is built on relationships. We work very hard to develop them and to keep them going. With Formica and Avonite and their distributors we will go out of our way with them. As they have proven, they will do the same with us. We have fabricated both series in Avonite and are very pleased with the results. The Studio Collection does give the WOW effect.

Mory

Mory,

I have always wondered about reps helping fabricators get going and staying busy, which is great. Do they do that if there is not so many companies in your area? Around here (south west florida) I have heard there are more than 200 fabricators. Possibly this is the reason why they dont help around here, how many are in your area? The reps tell me they want more business so I tell them to get out there with one of my sale people and get it but it never goes any further than words.

John

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.