Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Chris Yaughn

Integra guys,

I heard through the grapevine that it is OK to use e-stone bonder on solid surface, but not solid surface adhesive on stone/estone. Is this accurate?

Also, how does integra e-stone bonder respond to top polishing on stone/estone. Thanks for the help.

Chris

Worked fine for me, the top polish of integra e bonder.

Chad Thomas

Sanity Chaser,

The Estone bonder can be used successfully on SS. The main difference between the Estone Bonder and SS bonder is that the stone adhesive contains components that help it bond to the natural elements in Granite and Quartz surfacing. Our SS adhesive does not contain these additives.

In many ways, the two adhesives are similar (cure speed, chemical family) but you will not achieve the same bond strength if you use our SS adhesive on Stone.

One of the main differences that you will notice between the two is the level of translucency of the adhesive. A typical Estone formula will have as much as 10x the pigment level of a SS formula. As such, the Estone formula provides a better color match on a very opaque colors such as Corian: Tumbleweed, Suede, Blue Pebble or Gibraltar: Graphite Mirage or Formica: Real Concrete.

Hope this explains…

Chad

Lenny E

What Chad is trying to say is that the stone adhesive has special organo silane additives, that the SS doesnt have or does not need.

Smiles,

Lenny

Chris Yaughn

Chad,

That confirms what I was told. Not making a habit of switching the two, but I did have a cartridge on hand and wanted to use it if I could.

I had an istaller from one of my fabricators help on an install the other day. Guy has been doing it for a while. He looked over one of the seams I had done the previous day (3rd of my career) and said “the color on that is pretty good, did you mix it yourself?”

Nope, came straight outta the tube. He was impressed with the mix-pac gun and the color match to granite. Also impressed with the lack of nauseating fumes and consistant cure time.

Thanks

Chris

Chad Thomas

Very close to the mark Lenny.

Without giving the secret away I will confirm that the Estone Bonder 101 does contain an inorganic coupling agent (although not organo silanes)

Chad

Chris Yaughn

I used the e-stone bonder today on some EOS. The color match was dead on but the difference in tranlusceny will show slightly if your seams aren’t perfectly perfect (my experience) . I will use it again in a pinch but won’t make a habit of it.

Makes you appreciate how dead-on the regular SS adhesive is.

Chris

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.