Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Sorry Edwin,

I must emphatically agree with FEDSAWDAVE on this one. Cooling the bit with water periodically not only makes the core bit work faster but it adds life to the bit. I use water to cool every type of bit that I use wether it is a “dry” bit or not. If your core bits are only lasting for 40 or 50 holes then you may want to reconsider your method. I cold get at least 150 holes out of one bit that is on an install truck and innumerable holes out of one in the shop. Try taking a bucket of water filled half way and dipping your bit in it 3 or 4 times during the course of each hole and your tools will last alot longer.

I am not a qarutz or granite guy at all, but am learning about installing. I was on my first and the installers always drill there holes on site for both granite and Qaurtz. They told me they always use this cool little deal that worked pretty slick. They would start the core bit hole dry just enough to feel it lock into place and then they place this little suction cup type thing that was about 2 inches tall and about 2 inchens round then filled it with water and the other guy squrted a little water in every so often while drilling holes. Bucket in sink up buy holes to catch everything after hole goes through, not much mess at all. Drilled four holes in about 5 minutes using ther VS grinder and core bit. Looked like a good way to me.

Reuben

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.