Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I don’t know anything about the scientific part of this but I will add this to see what you guys think.

Before we do a study, don’t we really just want to know, if you prepare a thawed chicken on your granite counter, will the chicken juices go down into the granite and harbour a nasty bacteria? If the answer is yes, then we have something to study. If the answer is no, then there is really no point in going on with this test.

We already know that the solid materials will outperform, wood or granite.

What do you think?

Yeah, getting too complicated is bad business. We know granite is porous and solid surface isn’t. We know that bacteria will thrive at room temprature given nutrients and a place to hide from mechanical or chemical attack. Andy’s idea needs to be done first, then go on to seeing how ss stacks up against estone and granite on cleaning ability.

Get some rest, Mr. Graves. If there is anything I can do to lighten the load, simple stuff, let me know.

Phil Houser

Latest addition are some Dupont pics of bacteria on granite tops. I am holding off on crediting the finder of the photos till I get the okay. Note the magnification rate on the photo. I fear my microscope might not be up to the task at only 200x. Need to check ebay for a stronger one.

Here is the link for the updated site. Remember this is open to all, if you post anything be sure and keep a backup in case someone hits the site and is able to damage it. Let me know when you add stuff and I’ll back it up to be safe.

http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dftkrj3r_7d3g5sj&revision=_published

Norm Walters

Wow Al, I didn’t realize you copied and pasted my “joke” verbatim, now it looks like I am a pervert and a wife beater, hmmm, well one out of two ain’t bad.

Joe Corlett

Norm W. wrote

Wow Al, I didn’t realize you copied and pasted my “joke” verbatim, now it looks like I am a pervert and a wife beater, hmmm, well one out of two ain’t bad.

Norm:

What’s with everyone cracking me up tonight? First Dave, now you.

Joe

frobertson

Norm, think of it as adding to your reputation of being quite a ladies man. Now, on the subject of pervert, how about that diapernaunt that has been in the news. Around her, counter top chunks are the least thing to worry about.

Norm Walters

Yeah Al, what’s up with her, think she was just a little “spaced out”.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.