Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    KCWOOD

Posted By Jon Olson on 18 Feb 2011 07:24 AM

Has anybody ever found a good cup of coffee in Vegas?

I guess anyone would be hestitant to even answer that one… 

I’ll go first…
    one of the best brews one will find is a costa rican brew served at Nine Fine Irishmen in NY-NY Hotel.

It’s hard to order their coffee, while looking at Guiness and Old Speckled Hen on tap….  however…. I liked it so much,  the waiter told me where I could buy it.. I get it here 

KCWOOD

However Jon. The Luxor serves Douwe Egbert Coffee, I order it all the time too.

Here

Norm Walters

Kelsey, not even close on the coffee. My wife likes coffee more than me I think, just sayin….

For Christmas I order her five pounds of Kona coffee from Hawaii, this is the best. This coffee is so smooth you think you didn’t use enough when you brewed it. I started adding more and was bouncing off the walls.

http://www.bwanabobskonacoffee.com/

Jon Olson

Hey Kelsey  If you go to the show we’ll try a few Old Speckled hen’s    .Hey in the am I need a good coffee with my eggs.  That hotel stuff is terrible. I was so desperate once I lower my standards and had a MacDonald’s coffee   I don’t like star bucks coffee so my options are few

Thanks for the coffee links

KCWOOD

Norm….  you are talking to a guy that probably has about 15 variaties from all over the world in his stockpile.

You are right about the Kona… it is so smooth you don’t think you have used enough…  I like coffee with a little more flavor, without the bitterness. I cannot do Starbucks.
    I love the Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee, but at $45-50 a pound it’s a special occasion coffee.

Norm. if you really want to get your wife a treat, buy her some Angels Kiss… a flavored coffee. Most I have given it to like it better than Snickerdoodle… 

Do we need to start another thread?

and Jon…   they have Wexfords on tap too!

Posted By Kelsey Crisp on 19 Feb 2011 07:01 AM
    Norm….  you are talking to a guy that probably has about 15 variaties from all over the world in his stockpile.

You are right about the Kona… it is so smooth you don’t think you have used enough…  I like coffee with a little more flavor, without the bitterness. I cannot do Starbucks.
    I love the Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee, but at $45-50 a pound it’s a special occasion coffee.

Norm. if you really want to get your wife a treat, buy her some Angels Kiss… a flavored coffee. Most I have given it to like it better than Snickerdoodle… 

Do we need to start another thread?

and Jon…   they have Wexfords on tap too!

Kelsey:

How about $30.00 a cup? And brewed from poo?

Joe

KCWOOD

Joe…  when I saw your link… I thought to myself… nah… not going to click there, because I never know what type of site it will take me to.

But I did it anyway, and bam, Nortons Security warning came up, saying a recent attack was blocked from the website I just visited.

shoulda known….   no wonder your computer guy loves you…

Posted By Kelsey Crisp on 19 Feb 2011 06:20 PM
    Joe…  when I saw your link… I thought to myself… nah… not going to click there, because I never know what type of site it will take me to.

But I did it anyway, and bam, Nortons Security warning came up, saying a recent attack was blocked from the website I just visited.

shoulda known….   no wonder your computer guy loves you…

Kelsey:

I just clicked on the link I posted. It is a kind of scientific/biological site which documents a critter that eats perfectly ripe coffee beans and how those beans are collected and sold. There was and is no securtiy warning.

I do not and have not ever knowingly linked to sites that violate the terms of service of the fabnet.

Joe

KCWOOD

Joe, I agree, looks like a legit site, but again… it set off my Nortons for some reason??

David Gerard

now there is the birth of a new saying

“Set off my Nortons”    
    like  when you are distrustful of someone.

KCWOOD

Posted By David Gerard on 20 Feb 2011 09:57 PM
    now there is the birth of a new saying

“Set off my Nortons”    
    like  when you are distrustful of someone.

Dave.. only you would pick up on something like that…

Tom M

Making a top for a remodeler.
    The guy keeps reminding me that we are not the lowest bid he got.

Man, that guy really set off my Nortons.
    ………………………………………………

Brian Stone

Posted By Kelsey Crisp on 19 Feb 2011 07:01 AM

I like coffee with a little more flavor, without the bitterness. I cannot do Starbucks.

Starbucks and just about any bean that isn’t roasted fresh is burnt. There are a few reasons for that. They roast their beans at a higher temperature so that they can produce more in the same time period, it helps to cover the flavor of cheap beans, and it’s the only way to have them last as long as they do when they package them to sell at stores. Roasted coffee produces acid and the longer it sits, the more bitter it gets. Burning the beans helps to slow that process.

David Gerard

Brian,  we did lots of work over the years for a coffee guru in Anch  (cafe del mundo).  He told me french roast is actually burnt beans .  thats what gives it that dark color and rich flavor.  Also lower in caffeine.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.