Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Im so proud that we as a nation havent given up on trying to improve the problems of the world…I also love that some people dont listen to those who say it cant be done…even in my world as a fabricator…alot of stuff I made already said it couldnt be done and i shouldnt do this or that….I think I am starting to realize and you know what they say….

those who riddicule other peoples ambition have got any theirselves..

I am so proud right now to be a fabricator and have the privilage to read posts on here by friends I havent shook their hands yet or know what they look like…I am so glad those who created forums and especially this one kept trudging to do it …much like this scientist company I linked on.

I cant wait to see what we are all doing with countertops and etc in ten more years..anyway enough of me lip flapping, check it out

http://www.valcent.net/i/misc/Vertigro/index.html 

I’ve always said if the government would take say 50 million(just a nuumer) for a prize for the best most sustainable, reasonable delivery and cost effective production method for a alternative fuel, turn that loose to the people. Well one might be amazed as to what would happen and also might find out it will take more than one alternative source to cover the entire states. Problem is they just can not seam to leave politics and greed out of it.

Interesting find Gene I have heard about the algae growth deal but was curious as to the water bit. Seams to be they have that pretty much under control so it is not so wasteful. Amazing what knowledge some people have been blessed with.

David Gerard

Gene this is for you buddy,  Our friend/customer showed up with all these sections of gym floor, still together for the most part.  He said make me some work benches for my remote dwelling across the bay.  All the materials used are either recycled or left over from other jobs. We had enogh to make 4 sections.  It would have been cheaper to build from scratch using  new maple top material, but the green stripe made it worth it.   My shop smell like grandma’s attic now.

David…Thanx  got a big grin as i looked at the picture and read the origin of the wood…cool man

I like it better when people use reclaimed wood …i think its creative…plus they look better and its awesome and challenging to have to figure out what materials you have and what you can make out of the material rather than designing something then buying the material needed…

I much think the ambitious mind works better when you hafta build outta what you got…
    and thanks for sharing the pictures with me…Mr. Ambition…

“You cant steal second base and keep your foot on first”

Linda Graves

Gene,

You will love this!  Years ago (1974) we built a house on a very limited budget.  ALL of the work was done by us and we cut every corner possible.  Our wood floors were from a ballroom that was on the top floor of a bank building that was being torn down.  They were taking the softwood to Mexico and throwing the hardwood away.  The flooring was birdseye maple.

All of our doors were 5 panel doors from old houses.  I stripped and repainted them.  The base and casing was cut from reclaimed wood.  The list of “used” construction material in that house was endless.

Of course, the only “green” we were worried about was the lack of it in our bank account.  Necessity is the Mother of Invention.  Do you think we could get retroactive carbon credits?

Linda

Linda, I had to laugh it appears you have been green a while ago…thats funny. Im sure you you tell that story under a “GREEN” headline some might turn up their nose at it…But that is an awesome story of creativity… but thats why I like this Greenwave thing, I can do without the word Green, but I guess that is the keyword that got coined in as
     “Money saving Common sense blown up real big”

Maybe you can pull a permit today and just resand and repaint and tell them the house story and demand those pre-consumer back carbon credits..heheheheheh

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Is this algae thing actually producing fuel yet or is it just a dream?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.