Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I made a video on an inlay for our showroom. Turned out pretty good except I got the inlay a bit hot while sanding causing a little shrinkage. I may re-sand real slow with a coarse grit.

Len Smith

Looks good Andy! Here’s one we just did for Vespa Motorsports in San Diego. DuPont Corian Natural Gray, with the Vespa Service logo inlaid. 

We used the Align Rite materials, and part of the cure process was to heat the tops to 100-125 degrees to harder the filler.  We just put it in our thermoform oven on low and it worked fantastic.

Linda Graves

Len,
    I can’t find the link to a picture. 

Len Smith

Hi Linda,

I tried two or three times to upload it and gave up. You can see it here:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Renaissance-Counters-and-Surfaces-Inc/157879647610963

Andy:

Looks good, but you forgot to tell folks to check their stands for level before pouring inlay and to avoid contamination from other shop operations.

Joe

Jon Olson

Nice job Andy. Love the fact you have a surfboard in your showroom.

Len Smith

I like the shark bite out of the surfboard!

sweeet…that probly opens up all kinds of ideas to customers…I used to not show people the work involved…but now that i do..it helps me loosen up their wallet

most think seeing it finshed assumed you bought a graphic and just lacquered it..they dont know about the routing, mixing, sanding, etc…great to show this to them should there be a question of price;)
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

We started showing these videos in our showroom. Customers understand the process and feel they are buying from people actually doing the work.

Thanks for the compliments.

I wish I would have used the Align Rite material. i think it would have turned out better.

Gordon Shell

Beautiful work!

Sahil India

hi, i am new to the forum and we are also looking for the same kind of inlay chemical here in india, Unfortunately Align Rite is not avaliable here right now, so is their any subsitute for this which i can look upon or do i have to plan to import this only.

Please help.

My fb page which include some of our work is :- https://www.facebook.com/SamsungStaronChandigarh

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Just use polyester fill. You can buy it through a granite fabrication supply company.

Sahil India

Thanks a lot Andy
    lets see if i can find something of that sought, will definitely be needing your help. can i please have any of your IM’s yahoo or skype so that i can be in touch.

David Gerard

nice! wish I had a CNC sometimes.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Posted By Sahil India on 15 Jul 2013 05:50 PM

Thanks a lot Andy
    lets see if i can find something of that sought, will definitely be needing your help. can i please have any of your IM’s yahoo or skype so that i can be in touch.

Just send me a private message through the FabNet. Click on the little envelope next to my name and I will receive the message.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.