Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jim Gillen

Just starting to look into some type of additional air filtration to get rid of some of the fine dust that comes from our solid surface and cabinet business.  I feel we are getting good dust collection…..Also have gone to a few Festool sanders…. but some processes my guys just don’t seem to use the vacuums and/or they are too bulky to use or certain apps.  We also build/machine cabinets and trim here.  Wondering what type of additional dust purifiers are being used out there?

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

There are room filters you can purchase that will cycle the air and clean the airborn dust that get by the tool vacuum. I think you are right about capturing the dust around tool rather than letting it get into the air.

JasonCarr

This month wood craft has a Rikon Air scrubber on sale for 269.99. Its good for smaller shops but this company and Jet both make a larger model that will scrub up to 2000 sq ft down to 1 micron. The filters are easy to clean and they come with a remote so you can just walk around turning them on in the morning and off at night.

JasonCarr

and yes woodcraft is expensive  but If you want to go touch something adn play with it before you buy it  its a great place to shop…

There are other  places online that sell way cheaper
    KCWOOD

Jason, when I was mass producing thousands of wood components, dust was a major problem. Having the right cfm at each tool is a must. I know what you mean about sometimes you can’t sand where there is a vac. 

I built a simple downdraft table, 30×96 , put pegboard on top, hooked a couple 3″ lines to it. We were amazed at how a simple table would create a draft surrounding the area, and almost all the dust was suck in. 
    Of course they make some nice downdraft tables, for many$$$ but what I used for years was cheap and functional. 
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.