Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Lenny E

Hi Guys,

Like an idiot, I joined Linkedin, SS section. It boring. Its Corian Shill Jon and buddies 24/7. And like a roach motel, I checked in and cant get out!
    How to exit that crap without a suitcase bomb at HQ and the servers? I was wise enough to skip myspace, facebook and twitter, but I got sucked into that.
    Tom M, if anyone would know how to do that you would! who do I have to kill?
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

If you are getting notifications via email all the time, you can actually go in there and stop them all.

That is what I did with all the LinkedIN groups. I would get close to 20 emails a day saying someone responded to a topic. It is not just the solid surface group that sends them out. When you join a group, the default is to send notifications.

Tom M

Ahh, but Lenny-san is not talking about not getting notifications. He wants out. I wanted out too and somewhere on this board is a post by me asking the same question.

Len, I think you are in the Hotel Caleeforneeya at this point. You can choose to not get notifications, as Andy has suggested and that may put you at peace, for now, but everyone will start thinking you are the social eschewer we all really think you are anyway.

KCWOOD

Posted By Tom M on 17 May 2012 07:12 AM
    Ahh, but Lenny-san is not talking about not getting notifications. He wants out. I wanted out too and somewhere on this board is a post by me asking the same question.

Len, I think you are in the Hotel Caleeforneeya at this point. You can choose to not get notifications, as Andy has suggested and that may put you at peace, for now, but everyone will start thinking you are the social eschewer we all really think you are anyway.

Getting out is not easy. Everything is based on them having your email address for contact.  Just do a diversion….  

Just change your email settings to :loosedeckcannon.@comcast.net  

Lenny E

Thanx guys, You’re the best!

I Just blew in from Hong Kong and got the suggestions.

Thanks Andy, I will turn those off tomorrow.

Tom,
    Yep Tom, you called it. I want out completely. Its bad enough I have DHS on your side of the pond, The bamboo firewall evil horde on this side of pond and Yahoo and Google tracking every webprint I leave.  Now I have wonderful linkedin to add to that mix. 

Like ole Timmy Leary (didn’t know the guy, but I was best buds with his brother..Really Leary)..I want to turn on, tune in and drop out (in an undruglike way). I’m like an old dog with no teeth…but I am still driven and will gum that dog bone to death. Fabnet will always be this ole dogs one and only eschew toy!

Kelsey,
    Darn you man! After reading your post I just spit beer all over my keyboard AGAIN! I buy keyboards in bulk now, just because of you guys!

Thanx again everyone!
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

LinkedIN is also a place where people post their resumes. It is like a running diary of your work experience that allows others to rate you on a professional level with recommendations.

For many this is useless, but if you are looking for a job or change of career, then it is probably a good thing. Just remember to turn off notifications.

Lenny E

Yep I posted a rez on there Andy, not looking to change careers though. . I thought you were expected to post a rez.

Gotta run, its bedtime for Bonzo.

Tom M

I have one of the most incomplete resumes on the site. Past experience is something like: “Lots of stuff, a whole lot” or something like that.

Fabnet is the only site I post on.

Posted By Lenny E on 16 May 2012 01:15 PM

Hi Guys,

Like an idiot, I joined Linkedin, SS section. It boring. Its Corian Shill Jon and buddies 24/7. And like a roach motel, I checked in and cant get out!
    How to exit that crap without a suitcase bomb at HQ and the servers? I was wise enough to skip myspace, facebook and twitter, but I got sucked into that.
    Tom M, if anyone would know how to do that you would! who do I have to kill?

Lenny,

When you get a notification of some kind, click on it and then go to the upper right and click on your name.
    Click > Settings
    Sign in with your username and password
    At the bottom left click > Accounts
    Click > Close Account
    They will ask you why you want to close the account yada..yada..yada.
    I think that should do it.
    Johnny C
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.