Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Chris Yaughn

In the 2006 Zodiaq brochure all the sample tops have huge drop edges. 3 maybe 4 inches, maybe more. How do you build a Quartz top with a 4” drop edge?

Do you v-groove or something? And even then do they just orient the photo so that you can’t se the seems at the corners? I saw the tops when I opened the brochure and thought “hey those look great” , ” I hope no one asks for one.”

Curious.

Chris

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Yea it is V-Grooved. I was talking about that at the show yesterday. The glue line can be visible on about 20% of all the seams I looked at. Not really a huge problem though because there was typically a small radius on the top edge.

Karl Crooks

We just got called in to fix a V-Grooved E-Stone job, it was a very White color with what turned out to be a black line in the V-Groove. The V-Grooved seam was filled with dirt and chipping away in many spots, this was after being installed for only a few months, the customer was NOT happy!

Wags

Many of the stone folks will use their bridge saw at a 45 degree angle to make the V Groove. This produces cuts that not only chip, but also are not perfect 45’s. This may account for the poor joint and dirt getting into it. I have not seen a V groover in a stone shop here.

Chad Pitcher

WE USE ARE SAW AND A DIGITASL LEVEL AND SET THE SAW AT 44.75 DEGREES AND THEN USE SQR BLOCKS AND USE DUCT TAPE AND FLOWING GLUE THEN THE SEAM IS FERTUALY INCONSPICUOSE 3/8 ROUND OVER OR SQR OR 45 PER EDGE DETAIL FOR A DROP APRON NOT ONE OF OUR FAVORITE EDGES TO DO THEY DO MAKE A V BIT FOR STONE CNC I HAVE SEEN THEM

CHAD P.

Tom M

I talked with Ted and Miriam from Auto-V in Fla. If I remember correctly, they have a stone V-groover that now does up to 3CM.

It’ll cost ya.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

olivebranch wrote

WE USE ARE SAW AND A DIGITASL LEVEL AND SET THE SAW AT 44.75 DEGREES AND THEN USE SQR BLOCKS AND USE DUCT TAPE AND FLOWING GLUE THEN THE SEAM IS FERTUALY INCONSPICUOSE 3/8 ROUND OVER OR SQR OR 45 PER EDGE DETAIL FOR A DROP APRON NOT ONE OF OUR FAVORITE EDGES TO DO THEY DO MAKE A V BIT FOR STONE CNC I HAVE SEEN THEM

CHAD P.

Yo Chad, can you use lower case instead of all CAPS. Tom doesn’t like it . Just kidding, it is difficult to read and it is the same as yelling. Use ALL CAPS when Tom says something you disagree with.

Tom M

Boy, this Tom guy seems like a complete basta-

Hey, wait a minute….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.