Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Karl Crooks

When handeling E-Stone (Installing in this case) what is the largest size top you will send 1 man out with ?

Let’s say the top is 25″ x ??? with 1 cut out in the center

Or does and one have any other rules that they use for this ?

Thanks

Gordon Doull

Well……..How current is your Workman’s Comp??

Seriously though, for us, with a cut out in the middle it’s about strength of the top, not overall weight. Break or crack one top and you’ll send two guys from there on out. There is always more chance of hitting the mirrors, cabinets or walls with only one guy also. Then you or someone else is going back. Not good.

Ounce of prevention……….

Karl Crooks

There must be some jobs that you all have 1 man handel…… 3′ , 4′ , 5′ or up to 6′ tops with a cut out ??? No ?? is everyone sending 2 guys on ALL stone jobs???

Chris Yaughn

Karl,

I am mostly a one man operation. Anything larger than maybe 2 to 3 feet by 25.5” and I need help. Even witht the small ones a helper reduces the risk of me banging a cabinet or wall.

Chris

Matt Kraft

KarlC@BTP wrote

There must be some jobs that you all have 1 man handel…… 3′ , 4′ , 5′ or up to 6′ tops with a cut out ??? No ?? is everyone sending 2 guys on ALL stone jobs???

Pretty much. We don’t really do any one man installs. If I have a really small job, I get it fabbed as quick as possible and add it on the a full day. They will do two kitchens, then a vanity or something when they are in the neighborhood.

Or if its really easy, I do it when I’m out measuring.

Mark Mihalik

I do exactly what Matt said

I have sent one man to install a ss vanity top but I only did it because the job was 100 miles away and we could not afford to have two guys gone for the whole day. Other than that I always send two guys.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.