Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Norm Walters

I recently completed a hotel project that included 110 vanity tops with undermount sinks. My shop is in Tampa, the hotel was in Naples, approx. 150 miles away.

I used Meganite 2cm, the sheets are 26.5 x 123, perfect for vanities. I decided on Affinity Pure undermount sinks rather than integral solid surface sinks because of the abuse a hotel takes, and also, even the best sink warranty wouldn’t cover the cost of traveling 150 miles for a repair. Another reason for the undermount sinks was for ease of transportation, the tops were covered with plastic and stacked in an enclosed trailer.

The fabrication process included cutting the sheets to size, cutting out the splashes, bowl cutouts, and then using a 1/8″ roundover cooktop cutout bit to profile the edges, bowl cutouts, and faucet cutouts This particular bit can be used on any size material by using the spacers provide with it, and it will profile the top and bottom of the sheet at the same time.

The tops were finished to 60 mic, then a maroon scotch brite.

The tops and bowls were installed by the contractor (friend of mine) after I installed 15 of them with him to ensure proper installation techniques.

This job was very profitable for my two person shop, once a system was established, one vanity with spash would be complete in 20 minutes.

Norm,

That looked like a nice job. Fast to Fabricate, easy to transport, and the majority of the tops installed by someone else…PRICELESS

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

The 2cm material really interests me. We will probably start a vanity program with some of it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.