Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Norm Walters

I have a customer that has hard water stains near the faucet on her Zodiaq top. She has tried some readily available supermarket type products on it to no avail, any suggestions?

Brian Stone

Use a razor blade to scrape off the buildup.

Start with a new blade. Hold it perpendicular to the deck of the counter top. And drag it along the buildup until it is all scraped off. I usually spray some type of quartz approved cleaner on it before I start. It doesn’t help with the stain but it seems to help contain all of the stuff that gets scraped off…like wet sanding.

Norm:

I was told to use a black Alpha buff pad wet to dry to remove hard water stains on granite, but that technique would certainly burn the polyester in quartz. It might work if done slowly and with lots of water.

I like the scraping with the razor blade idea to start. Hit it with some of Dani’s Estone Restorer.

Joe

Brian Stone

Oh yeah, if she tries any more cleaning products make sure to let her know that she needs to clean the area thoroughly with soap and water after she is done. Some of those products will eat the polyester binder and then you will have bigger problems.

Brian Stone

It doesn’t mention hard water buildup but you may also want to direct the customer here.

http://www2.dupont.com/Surfaces/en_…_care.html

Karl Crooks

Posted By Brian_Stone on 19 Aug 2009 07:11 AM
    Use a razor blade to scrape off the buildup.

Start with a new blade. Hold it perpendicular to the deck of the counter top. And drag it along the buildup until it is all scraped off. I usually spray some type of quartz approved cleaner on it before I start. It doesn’t help with the stain but it seems to help contain all of the stuff that gets scraped off…like wet sanding.

+ 1 …… This works good !

Norm Walters

Thanks, I ‘ll suggest the razor blade. I can’t believe I didn’t think of that, gettin’ old.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I used the razor blade and it worked on my countertops. There was a little bit of white haze left, but I just used a little cleaner and it seemed to go away.

Chris Yaughn

Razor Blade.

I actually have a job now where over the last year and a half, the house keeper has taken the quartz around the faucet down to a mat finish w/ brillo pads due to hard water.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.