Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Pictures don’t show everything, but that is some real nice work.

Karl Crooks

Nice work Gordo…….. Do your guys do the remove and replace of the faucet also ?

Nice work Gordon!

That is a fine piece of workmanship on the repair.

Gordon Doull

Here is a fine example of what happens when you cut your own sink into a pre-fab granite top. The serrated cuts (likely from a skilsaw or 6″ grinder) were just waiting to fail. When someone put weight on it, it did. TOP IS LESS THAN 6 MONTHS OLD.

Love the revenues but, when asked, I still say that Solid Surface is the material of choice……..

How many times did I hear that granite never breaks after installation, that rodding was just insurance for the fabricator. Guess not in this case.

Was the top properly supported ?

Good repair job, by the way.

Another homeowner popped in yesterday. Sink fell out! Tends to happen when the only thing holding it in is 10.1oz. of silicone.

Karl Crooks

Gordon wrote

Here is a fine example of what happens when you cut your own sink into a pre-fab granite top. The serrated cuts (likely from a skilsaw or 6″ grinder) were just waiting to fail. When someone put weight on it, it did. TOP IS LESS THAN 6 MONTHS OLD.

Love the revenues but, when asked, I still say that Solid Surface is the material of choice……..

The bummer is the same thing happens when Solid Surface or Quartz is Fabed or Installed wrong. See below……

http://www.wooddigest.com/print/Wood-Digest/After-Installation–The-most-common-issues-in-solid-surface-are/2$1078

Gordon Doull

Nice article. Seems like the stone fails quicker to me, though.

Too many natural fissure points maybe.

Karl Crooks

Gordon wrote

Nice article.

Thanks, is there anything that you would have added to it ?

Gordon once again – awesome repair job!

How much are people willing to pay for the repair? It doesn’t really matter what the material is but how it is processed that matters.

Karl – The bowling ball drop and crack is a great example of mis-informed consumers! Nice write-up!

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

WOW, I would have guessed that it could not be repaired. So no warranty and the customer pays the entire repair bill. I won’t bother asking what it cost, but how long did it take from start to finish?

Gordon Doull

Well, the sink had to come out and go back in also, but it was about 4.5 hours.

Luckily, this was one of those sinks like Dave mentioned. Siliconed in only.

You should have seen the cut next to the F/S range.

Gordon Doull

KarlC@BTP wrote

Gordon wrote

Nice article.

Thanks, is there anything that you would have added to it ?

Well…….yea. I would have put a Surface Authority ad at the end.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.