Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    KCWOOD

My stone installers have a need you need to think about. 

On your Paraligns, you have a backsplash option where I can take out the seal, and replace with the smaller one in order to seam.

However , your Gorilla Grips have no such option as we found out during our last install.  We were installing a very long, 2 joint wall cap, a 7″ wide, bullnose, euro joints and it was hard to seam. I went and got my paraligns, while they worked, it was obvious they were way under sized to work with stone.

Can you modify the pods to accept a smaller seal, so this type of joint can be done?  The install crew said they have a need for a smaller version 2-3 times a month.

Just something to think about…

Brian Stone

I’ve also suggested making a smaller one that would work on bridge pieces on a range. I talked to Steve at the SFA workshop in St. Louis and he said that they’re working on it but it’s tough to get the time.

So many tool ideas, so little time. Most every spare min has been going to the home addition. First floor is close to being ready. Cabinets are installed (no doors yet), floors are done, final paint done, final electric done. Wood stove will take care of heating for now but we still need counter tops and sinks. Also need a few doors and running trim. Tops were to be SS when the project started 5 years ago, now they will be granite.
    I have some ideas for what is needed but right now I am doing a bit of redesign on the GG. Nothing major but I am hoping that we will have a much stronger case for it, one that you can stand on. If all goes well I may have a narrow clamp prototype done in March. I could add grooves to the GG, but that may not work very well on splashes that are seamed in place.

KCWOOD

hey Steve, Thanks for the reply!  I’m not sure splashes would ever be an issue.. or my installers never mentioned it?

They were having a heck of a time on a multi-angle wall cap.. shims here and there…  I went and got my paraligns, sucked it up nicely.

Granite?  Have you seen the new Hanstone directional quartz…. sweeeeet!!!

Directional Quartz?? They better figure out a way to make those baby slabs bigger.

Steve.. We love our GG’s just the way they are. Although they are covered in glue

KCWOOD

Posted By Travis Harper on 21 Feb 2011 06:08 PM
    Directional Quartz?? They better figure out a way to make those baby slabs bigger.

what you mean Travis… what size would you like?

Brian Stone

Many of the manufacturers have come out with larger labs. Zodiaq comes in 63″ x 120″, HanStone comes in 65″ x 130″, and Silestone comes in 63″ x 128″. I got samples of the new HanStone colors that Kelsey is referring to. I’ve been meaning to take some pictures of them. I’ll post them here if I get a chance.

Brian Stone

These are the new colors that they just came out with:

Ajanta, Alexandria, Blackburn, English Toffee

Grigio, Pewter, Sabbia, Sahara

Sand Dune, Seaside, Indian Pearl

KCWOOD

Posted By Brian Stone on 22 Feb 2011 11:07 AM
    These are the new colors that they just came out with:
    Ajanta, Alexandria, Blackburn, English Toffee
    Grigio, Pewter, Sabbia, Sahara
    Sand Dune, Seaside, Indian Pearl

Brian are there only 2 directional colors?  When I saw the slabs at KBIS’10 , I thought they were going to intro 4 directional??

Matt Rickard

Kelly my Hanstone guys are telling me they have more new colors in the pipeline. Some directional I think.

You just gotta be patient
    KCWOOD

Matt…  don’t you have manners…. you have just officially Hijacked a thread about Gorilla Grips… a thread I started in hopes of helping your guys out when they do my seams….    LOL….. 

But in anwer to your “have patience”….  Are you talking about the same Hanwha guys I talked to at KBIS , that I had contact you and set you up as a dealer, so we could get their directional quartz when they came out with it in 3-6 months..

It’s been almost 12 months and I still have not seen a sample

Matt Rickard

I just saw the first set on Fri and haven’t seen you since Thursday do the math

You failed to mention that you had the full set of hanstone that I gave out. All in due time
    Brian Stone

Posted By Kelsey Crisp on 22 Feb 2011 04:58 PM

Brian are there only 2 directional colors?  When I saw the slabs at KBIS’10 , I thought they were going to intro 4 directional??

There are 10 more colors coming out in April. I’m sure a couple of them will have the crazy pattern.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.