Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Len Smith

We received our new cnc yesterday, it’s sitting on our shop floor next to Old Unfaithful. This year our lease payments amounted to approximately $14,000, and our repair costs were $12,000. Worse than the repair costs were the long out-of-service times, the arrogance of the service tech (“oh well, here’s the problem. The Solid Surface business is too dusty for these machines.”) and the complete indifference of the manufacturer.

I can’t wait for January, when our new machine will be installed and we wave good bye to 2-1/2 years of frustration. Woohoo!

Shane Barker

Hey Len,

What brand was your old one and how long did you have it?
    What brand is your new one?

Shane

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Good Job Len. You have been pulling your hair out on this one. Too bad the company couldn’t service your machine better. Our Multicam has performed much better than yours ever did. I am thankful for that, but I can see why you finally pulled the trigger and got a new one.

Len Smith

Shane,

We are getting rid of Old Unfaithful and bought an AXYZ. We bought an AXYZ 10 years ago, and it ran without a hitch. We sold it to another fabricator and that same machine is still running today, and I’m not aware of any major problems with it. I was always impressed with AXYZ’s service and their concern for their customers. You can deduce from Andy’s post what kind of a machine Old Unfaithful is.

Tom M
    Len, you had an AXYZ ten years ago? Woah.
    I hope mine holds up as well as your old(er) one did.
    Is Fab Chouice out of the AXYZ business? I liked Gary and all, but it was the Harms bros. who gave me the set up and education.
    Tom
    Joe Corlett

Tom:

I heard at the show that AXYZ and Fab Choice parted ways.

Joe

Tom M
    Joe,
    That’s a shame. Seemed they were good togeher

Tom

Len Smith

Tom,

We got our old AXYZ before they joined up with Fabricator’s Choice. Our training & service were with AXYZ.

Tom M
    They must have joined up not too long befor I got mine, then. I saw their plant near Toronto. Clean operation.

Tom

Len Smith

The AXYZ has been installed, and is cutting our projects. It’s vacuum is amazingly quieter than the Multicam, yet it holds the material down better. Thanks AXYZ for helping to put this deal together!

The Multicam is waiting for a truck to arrive to haul it off.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

The vacuum I have is so loud, you can’t even talk to someone while it is running. I hate it.

Jon Olson

I bet your employees love it.

Get Your Self A NORTHWOOD……..You will be Happy, We have two one for soild surface the other for stone…

Shane Barker

We use a Kaeser rotary screw that is not so bad, it is not
    near as loud as our dust collector. I thought most vacuum systems were a separate
    unit so does it really matter what kind of CNC you have?

Shane

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.