Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Brian Stone

I have to say, we’re pretty pleased so far with the product and service from Glue Warehouse. Our shop lead in the solid surface shop (who is extremely picky and stubborn) had absolutely no complaints about the first 20 tubes of adhesive that I brought in so I just ordered another 20 for $20 (each).

We’ve also used the adhesive on a couple different granite and engineered stone jobs for laminating edges. This is the most recent one. It’s a 3cm ogee edge over a 3cm bullnose edge out of Verde Peacock.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

That looks good on that seam. Did you just pick the color you though best matched? I didn’t think they had any chart for the granite colors yet.

Since this thread is “Glue Warehouse”, I will say that Chad is very responsive and helpfull.  My first order arrived without delay.  Next day I think.  The quality of the glue is exceptional.  My favorite so far.  What I like most about the glue is that it cures with some elasticity to it.  When you hit it with a chisel it cuts off softly.  Integra and Plexis are so fragile brittle that the glue chips off like fragile glass.

I did a simple side by side strength test camparing “Seam It” to Corian adhesive and it “Seam It” was every  bit as strong.  Because of its elastisity I think that it will be stronger when submitted to impact stresses (bumping a coved backsplash during transportation or installation).

Good work, Chad and Ray

Johnny C

Gordon Shell

Chad and Ray know their stuff, I’ve been recommending them to my customers, they have bailed me out on more than one occasion. Thanks guys!

Brian Stone

Here’s a laminated apron that we just did. Normally we would suggest doing a miter-fold edge (cut a 45 degree angle on both pieces so that the seam is on the corner) but the architect had it this way in the specs so they said to stick with it.

The color is Cappuccino Zodiaq and we used English Cream based off of Chad’s suggestion. The match is pretty good if you ask me.

Overall shot of what the tops look like. There are 6 total.

Close up shot of the seam.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

That is pretty close. It is always harder to tell when using a flash on a camera. Tends to show up even more.

Chad Thomas

Brian,

Glad to see the English Cream worked out so well for you.

What color did you use on the Verde Peacock?

We are in the process of collecting Granite and Quartz samples for color matching and welcome anyone who has colors they would like matched to contact us and let us know. So far, we have Zodiaq, Cambria, Silestone, Caesarstone, Hanstone and
    Viatera in the lab as well as the Granite colors in the Silestone Sensa
    line.

We’ll do the matching for free of course and publish the results on our site.

Samples should be 4×4 pieces in 1cm,2cm or 3cm material. We’ll take care of the shipping.

Thanks for the feedback.

Brian Stone

We ended up using the Jewel Black on the Verde Peacock.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.