Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Chad Pitcher

Does any one else have issues with the new style of glue cartridge that  have the tabs that are to hold the tip on. They seam to break of fairly easy when you  putting them on or are gluing edge or  resting the tip in the seam while  applying the glue. I thought the older style  of screw on was good and had no problems .  Was wondering if any one else has had this problem or if we are all alone on this and why would they change if it was not broke.

KCWOOD

Don’t get me going on the cartridges……   I still have 100’s of tips that worked wonderfully on the Integra Cartridge… now they don’t fit.

Then they make the screw on cap so hard to get to and use…. improvements my ass…..  ugghhhhh

Norm Walters

Cap, try using your left hand to screw them on, it’s possible that you have accumulated too much strength in your right. Merry Christmas

Tom M

Man, there are sooo many replies to that, Norm, I think it best I leave it alone. It’s Christmas, after all.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Are you talking about the wing tabs on the glue tips? We have not had a problem with them breaking off. I do know they work better with the Integra gun because they are easier to grab the end of the tip.

Chris Yaughn

I understand the reasons for changing, but the old cartridges were soooooo low maintenance.

I use them now mostly for field seams in granite and repairs and the new cartridges give me fits.  I don’t really use tips anymore.  Once we get  a block in the cartridge, digging it out ruins the cartridge to where it will not take a tip.

I may never order tips again. Unless it is for a color destined for a SS job.

I love the glue but hate the tips…I think someone complained becasue it hurt the inside of their hands while screwing the black cap on…Someone said it hurts and asked if they can put little tabs on for my thumbs please..

i feel like like a fairy trying to tighten them by the tabs…and then when you think its tightened it pops off and all the glue comes out and you yell bad words like what da ….!

Does anyone know if some “smart” vendor has realized this and held onto the old tips…cause I know myself would pay more for those…I can use the tips that were designed for people who use moisturizer on their hands…but Its a risk

Id rather pay extra for no risk and no fairy tabs

Posted By Gene McDonald on 20 Dec 2009 08:04 AM
    I love the glue but hate the tips…I think someone complained becasue it hurt the inside of their hands while screwing the black cap on…Someone said it hurts and asked if they can put little tabs on for my thumbs please..

i feel like like a fairy trying to tighten them by the tabs…and then when you think its tightened it pops off and all the glue comes out and you yell bad words like what da ….!

Does anyone know if some “smart” vendor has realized this and held onto the old tips…cause I know myself would pay more for those…I can use the tips that were designed for people who use moisturizer on their hands…but Its a risk

Id rather pay extra for no risk and no fairy tabs

Gene:

I’ve found that for glue-into-baggie types like me, the winged tips won’t go back on easily because of hardened glue build up. However, I do not get these “fairy feelings” of which you lament. Gene, perhaps these winged tabs, similar to those found on certain feminine hygenic products, are somehow getting you in touch with your more feminine side. The disconnect between the masculine and feminine in your life induces the “fairy feelings” symptom.

May I suggest you get your hair and nails done, don’t forget the moisturizer, and take a long time at the mall selecting severl pairs of new shoes. You’ll look and feel great and the “fairy feelings” will abate. At least that’s what would work for me.

Joe

joe..I think your right maybe I was over reacting..I think i will keep these new applicator tips will be keep privately in my MAN purse…I am seeing a new sexy movie with these tips in womens garter belts

Chad Pitcher

I am talking about the cartridge its self and the the two tabs on the side where the tip twists on . It is part of the cartridge.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Cap,

I know exactly what you are talking about. We have had some cartridges come with them broken off. It makes it so the tip will not go onto the cartridge.

I have not had any issues with the actual tip itself.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.