Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    David Gerard

Hey guys, take a look at this would ya?

Tom M

David throws us for a loop.

Heh.

KCWOOD

Posted By Tom M on 19 Apr 2013 07:04 AM
    David throws us for a loop.

Heh.

The dark days of Alaska has taken its toll on David….

He’s posting and replying to his own post… twice… Its ok Dave…. sunshine and Patron will be a great cure for you.

Wags

Anyone else dizzy ?

Steve , NY

David,  they say it’s alright to talk to yourself but once you start answering yourself……….??????  (to much solid surface glue?)

David Gerard

HA! just trying to get an opinion on air cleaners. I have to take drastic measures because for some reason nobody ever wants to address shop air quality. Im use to talking to myself anyway, i live with 2 females.

Wags, light out till 10 pm…lovin it.

KCWOOD

Wags…. are you the only shop with air quality problems?

Geez… In the south we open our doors and let the wind blow through.. and if the wind isn’t blowing, dust is captured with your personal filtration system… the nose.

Chill out… take a deep breath.. cough/cough… its the nature of our business.

Oh… btw…. the only ones I know of that has dust problems are the non Festool believers…  lol

David Gerard

made you all look anyway (snicker snicker) Ya I know….im an idiot!

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Your filtration system is going to have to be very large to deal with solid surface dust. Or, you need to find a way to easily clean the filters.

David Gerard

Andy, the Flow Max rep said the filters on their units are easy to clean and washable.
    The Jet system…not so easy.
    The Jet I have does a good job cleaning the air but the filter system is a bust.
    For now i dont have the funds to spend but just thinking towards the future.

Michael

Cyclonic trap works even with solid surface dust. Some still gets through on mine but a very small amount compared to without a cyclonic trap. greatly improves air quality in the shop and really helps deal with dust control off the CNC router where I am cutting SS and other not so nice materials (some woods make SS dust look friendly).

Seriously though sunlight is good. trust me we live at about the same latitude as Juno 55.95°N.

Michael

Steve , NY

David, do  you have to take the filters out to clean them ? I remember seeing a filter cleaner that they used to clean tractor filters. It was similar to an air holding tank that you would use to seat a tire, but it held the filter and blasted the air back through the filter along with all the dust.

David Gerard

Hi Micheal, are you referring to “dust collector”? Im not familiar with cyclonic air cleaners, is that what you have?
    Juneau is the banana belt of AK..Ha! Homer is the banana belt of south central AK.
    I would even consider putting my dust collector outside but the fuel bill to replace the heat loss would be monumental.
    When we do glue ups I have a wall fan for fume removal, sometimes I use that fan to clear dust from shop cleaning with compressed air. Oh boy….it’s bad!

Steve, my Jet has an external filter like on a forced air heat system then it has a bag system inside like a system of cells, made of fabric. I cant even turn the cells inside out. I was given the unit so it came to me with out a manual. Probably something simple.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.