Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tom M

Everyone should know by now that I’m not a softee on manufacturers. I have to say, though, that Formica really did an old-school stand-up job in backing me up with a laminate problem. Absolutely first-rate guys. Thank you very much.

Matt D., if you get this, you guys helped me out. Thanks.

Andy Moelan

I heard that Formica is going to have a new distributor in our area. The new distributor is booting Nevamar.

Glad to hear that Tom. Not used to hearing the good, seems we ony hear the bad. The nature of the business I guess.

Posted By Al Gerhart on 02/28/2008 9:07 PM

I heard that Formica is going to have a new distributor in our area. The new distributor is booting Nevamar.

You used the N word!! Nevamar is the most unfrieldly product out there. 4×8 and 5×12 only and everything gets sent by UPS. Double order around the holidays because a lot of it will come in cracked.

Tom M

Agreed, Matt.
    Lots of changes going on in the laminate industry. I hope everyone can hang in there.

Steve,
    Since Pioneer acquired Nevamar, I haven’t kept up with these changes. I took the board down to make way for an expanded board by another mfg. Unless Nevamar is spec’d, we don’t bother with it.

My supplier for Nevamar dropped them and switched over to Arborite. Said Nevamar was just getting next to impossible to get.

MSC UK

I have heard some horror stories from vendors that previously sold N word. One said they would send in an order for basic white 10 foot sheets for like a hospital or condo project, and rather than cut 2 foot of the 12′ sheets in stock, N would special order the material, five to six weeks out. Buyer would cancel quickly, but the distributor wasn’t allowed to cancel the order.

After hearing a few of these stories, I understand the N word reference.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.