Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Tom M

I am trying to research this for a client. I’m at the website looking tere. Does anyone here have any experience with this?

Tom M

Also, Formica’s servers seem to be down for the chemtop stuff

Tom M

I sent Matt D an email and he got back to me awesome fast. Excellent service.

Still looking for advice/ experiences.

Steve Mehan

Tom,
    What are you looking for? I have used the chemtop laminates from Formica and from Wilsonart, both proformed well under the conditions designed. They will still scratch and burn but almost any chemical will have no effect on the material. I liked the fact that Wilsionart offered more color choices.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Is this material comparable to Epoxy Top?

Steve Mehan

Posted By Andy on 19 Jan 2010 10:44 PM
    Is this material comparable to Epoxy Top?

Andy,
    Comparable in that they both work well in the labratory environment, but the chemtop is a laminate. 

Tom,
    The other thing I forgot to mention is the thickness is similiar to virtical grade and will tear easily if not handled with care.

Tom M

Steve, I did not know that about the thickness. Thank you. Are you talking about vertical grade or postforming grade?

The main concern is that my client uses a chemical that does do some damage to chemsurf, so we want to check this out. The specs seem to suggest a better protection, but I am no pro at that type of tech data sheet.

Steve Mehan

I would say more like verticle I believe it is .028″ for wilsonart and .038″ for formica. I have had both tear just unrolling it. Have them send you some samples and see what happens with the chemicals.

Tom M

.038 would place it in postform territory. Heck, some laminates are that thick for horizontal standard.

Thank for th help. I will likely get my customer a piece to try and ruin before they commit.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.