Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ching

Hello all,

I’d appreciate some advice on fixing a tap brace to a Zodiaq worktop. My Zodiaq worktop is installed with a stainless steel sink and tap. The tap flexes a lot on the sink, so I am now looking to add either a tap stabilizing
    bracket (http://www.abode-shop.co.uk/itemdetail.asp?catid=8) or tap brace (http://www.franke.com/kitchensystems/uk/en/home/products_information/installation/franke_tap_brace.html). I’ve considered two options.

1) Fixing the brace/bracket to the underside of the worktop directly
    2) Fix a piece of timber with an appropriate adhesive to the underside of the worktop into which the brace/bracket can be installed.

My understanding is that option 1 would need an appropriate drill bit and glued, slip-fitted inserts rather than pressure-fitted ones. For option 2, is there a compatible adhesive strong enough to bond Zodiaq to timber?

I’d be grateful for any advice on these or other options for solving this.

Thanks,
    Gavin

Lenny E

Hi Ching,

I’m the overseas guy in hiding in the land of limited extradition. That may come in handy some day.

All joking and kidding aside,For option 2 , the timber is going to shrink and expand due to humidity. and stainless sink and tap will expand/ contract due to temperature.

IMHO you would need an elastomeric adhesive for the material expansion mismatch. Could you silicone the crap out of it?

Hey guys, please chime in and help our new bro out!

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I like the option number 2 because it looks pretty straight forward. Silicone or Construction adhesive should be plenty strong to adhere to zodiaq.

ching

Thanks both for the advice. I hadn’t considered silicone. I’m guessing there would be more movement in the joint compared to a construction adhesive? I had wondered whether I would need to consider differential expansion between the materials over a small area. I’ll play safe and find an ‘elastomeric’ one. If anyone has experience with a specific product readily available in the UK, please let me know.

Thanks again for taking the time to help me out.

Gavin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.