Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi guy’s I cut my first bit of Essa Stone yesterday 20mm thick. Its not that hard I used the festool saw with a diamond blade in it and did it dry. A very neat cut but it chipped out at the end of the cut. Next thing is to get some polishing gear to polish the edge.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

20mm is the 3/4″ material, correct?

Do you think the FESTOOL has the power to cut quartz long term?

Yes Andy it’s 3/4 inch, the festool ate it like butter. I had no idea cutting stone was so easy and dust free, there are a few fab shops that use the festool saws only over here.

Chris Yaughn

What blade are you running on the festool?  I had a blade bored for it once and tried it on Granite and it didn’t get it done.  2cm quartz is a lot easier to cut.  Would love to use the festool on cooktop cutouts on site.

It’s a blade from Norton for granite and tiles stone etc. it has a 22mm hole so fits straight on to the festool. They are about $50 here so you guy’s will get them fairly cheap in the states.

Chris Yaughn

Definatly going to give it a try/ I was using a thicker kerf bridge saw type blade.  The tile blade might just work.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Good to hear it stands up to the added stress of cutting granite.

Chris Yaughn

Any chance you could shoot me a part number .  I am  not familiar with Norton, so I am trying to run them down.

Did you set the depth just shy of cutting thru or did you cut all the way thru the stone on the first pass.

Jon Olson

The part no is SCERAM-15022 150×22/20 PRO continuous rim.I just set the blade at full depth and it cut through it in no time Chris.

That brings back memories Jon.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.