Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Norm Walters

I talked to the Festool Technical Rep yesterday about the cuff of my vacuum hose coming off all the time.( the cuff that attaches to the sander). He told me there is a metal ring inside the cuff that you need to pry out and put back on the end of the hose, then screw the cuff back on, (left hand thread). Not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but it was driving me crazy.

KCWOOD

Yep….. I just thought mine was wearing out..

Thanks Norm….

Norm, did you have any Goldmine left over? I’m doing another Job and will cut it real close on needing a little backsplash material…. let me know

KC

Norm Walters

Kelsey, that customer ended up going with Aztec Brown, sorry. Check with Tech Products they just gave me a list of surplus material, and there were alot of 5 3/4″ strips, although no Goldmine, but check with your rep.

Mory Ludwick

Kc

I have Plenty Call me you pay shiping.

Mory

Joe Corlett

Norm:

I put a hose clamp on the end of the vacuum hose and tighten it around the male end. It never lets go, but you have to have a screwdriver every time you use the vac.

Joe

Anybody have trouble with the outlet that the sander plugs into for auto operation? Mine is acting up, works sometimes and then cuts out. Haven’t had time to even open the case to see how hard it would be to get to, much less think about fixing it.

Anyone replaced the outlet on one?

Norm Walters

Al, call Festool’s technical support, you will probably end up talking to Dave, (who I met at the expo last year). He knows those tools inside and out, it may be a simple problem. I know you are busy, heck take the phone in the bathroom, I’m sure you take breaks for that????????????

Matt Kraft

al wrote

Anybody have trouble with the outlet that the sander plugs into for auto operation? Mine is acting up, works sometimes and then cuts out. Haven’t had time to even open the case to see how hard it would be to get to, much less think about fixing it.

Anyone replaced the outlet on one?

I have replaced that outlet. Just got a part from the hardware store. No need to have Festool send you one.

KCWOOD

Thanks Mory,

I am doing a drink rail around a pool table area. Customer wants a taller backplash on one part of it… I think I will have enough if I really watch my cuts.

I’ll be in touch…KC

Thanks, Matt. I hated to call festool over a small thing. Any tricks to getting to the back of the outlet?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.