Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Anyone know of a generic Festool sanding pad for the RO150? The Festool brand is extremely expensive.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Dani Homrich

Andy,

No such animal, it’s called you got to buy our pad, that’s why it is soooooooooooooo expensive.

Karl Crooks

Andy whats wrong with the old pad ?

If its just the Velcro then just replace the Velcro, that’s cheep

Karl:  

Do you have a trick for getting the old velcro off?  In the past I have tried to put it against my stationary disc sander; a bit less than effective.  Also I have tried to use a heat gun to melt the old “hooks” down to gain a smooth surface to glue the new velcro to; a bit more effective but not great.  Removal of the old velcro would be ideal.
    I have found new velcro at upholstery retailers in various widths.  Spray adhesive to attach, and there you go.
    Johnny C 
    KCWOOD

Posted By John Christensen on 03 Apr 2012 04:09 PM
    Karl:  

Do you have a trick for getting the old velcro off?  In the past I have tried to put it against my stationary disc sander; a bit less than effective.  Also I have tried to use a heat gun to melt the old “hooks” down to gain a smooth surface to glue the new velcro to; a bit more effective but not great.  Removal of the old velcro would be ideal.
    I have found new velcro at upholstery retailers in various widths.  Spray adhesive to attach, and there you go.
    Johnny C 

Andy, a few years back, Jerry Horn introduced me to an interface pad. It was a hard pad about 1/8 thick.  The idea was the velcro interface pad would take the abuse. It lasted forever, and of course one day I tried to sand once without the paper on.. 🙂 and screwed the pad up. 

I actually think it was a SIA pad.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Yea, I would love to just change the velcro. Any tips on getting the old off?

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I do have the backup interface pad. I buy them from Performance Abrasives. The only issue is they are not the exact same diameter as the pad so it bends the paper at the edge a bit. Not a huge deal but would be better if it was the exact same size.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.