Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    KCWOOD

I have always been very satisfied with all my Festool purchases. My last being a jigsaw and another straightedge for my circular saw with connectors. I have been having a little vibration out of my sander, not the Rotex… i forget the model, so i called them on Thursday to discuss the problem. It took less than a minute to connect to a real person. He threw out a couple of “what if’s” of what could be the cause. He said he would send me out a couple of parts, he was sure one of the two would work. I stopped by my shop this morning, and there was a package from Festool to my surprise.. Opened up the package, here was 2 parts and an invoice that said “no charge” Now for anyone that puts value on what they buy and includes what happens after the sale as value too, this was just one of those times I got reassured I made a good purchase.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I have had that happen with my Festool. I will send the whole tool to them and they send it back with no charge and no shipping fee. I think that is during the two year warranty period, but it is still great service.

Norm Walters

The only problem I ever had was with the 2000E Router. The collet nut would not tighten the bit securely. The bit would actually start coming out of the collet at least an inch or so, I would retighten and it would still come loose. They sent me a new collet and nut but not at no charge. In all fairness to Festool, what was happening was probably my fault, I wasn’t blowing out the dust when changing bits. Obviously the best thing is to have a router for each bit used instead of changing them. Since I have started blowing out the collet each and every time a make a bit change, I haven’t had a problem.

One more thing, I also have a couple of Rotex sanders, they come with an extra set of brushes. There is a safety mechanism on the Rotex that will shut down the sander when the brushes wear to a certain point to protect the armature. I didn’t realize what was wrong with it at first, it just seemed like a power problem (cord, plug, connection, etc) When I called Festool they told me about the brushes, after I put in the extra set that comes with the sander, I was off and running again.

Mory Ludwick

We have 14 sanders and 7 routers from Festool. They get our share of stuff sent back for repair and I keep getting the stuff back that says no charge. I will continue to do business with Festool until hell freezes over. I like being around companies that know their stuff. Thanks Festool.

Mory

Mory,

Whats the address to send a sander for repair? I had an installer that would switch my rotex from direct drive to random orbital while still running, not even turning it off. Took me a while to figure out how it got damaged since I have had one for years with no problems.

John

Mory Ludwick

John,

This is where we send ours. Festool, 140 Los Caneros Way, Goleta, CA 93117. If You go to http://www.festoolusa.com/repairs_returns.aspx and click on the pdf repair order form. There is a number 1-800-554-8741 for service. You need to call this first for return/repair authorization.

Mory

Thanks Mory.

I ordered parts awhile back since I know which ones were damaged and have not seen them yet so I was thinking it might be faster to just send the whole unit to them.

Mory Ludwick

John,

We had a guy in our shop doing the same thing that your guy was doing. We also order parts and repair them when we can. Here lately we have just been sticking them in a box and sending them to Festool and getting them back in about 7 days with a no charge ticket postage also paid. A couple of times we have called in a were told it would be abour $100-$150. However it comes back no charge.

Mory

Norm W. wrote

The only problem I ever had was with the 2000E Router. The collet nut would not tighten the bit securely. The bit would actually start coming out of the collet at least an inch or so, I would retighten and it would still come loose. They sent me a new collet and nut but not at no charge. In all fairness to Festool, what was happening was probably my fault, I wasn’t blowing out the dust when changing bits. Obviously the best thing is to have a router for each bit used instead of changing them. Since I have started blowing out the collet each and every time a make a bit change, I haven’t had a problem.

One more thing, I also have a couple of Rotex sanders, they come with an extra set of brushes. There is a safety mechanism on the Rotex that will shut down the sander when the brushes wear to a certain point to protect the armature. I didn’t realize what was wrong with it at first, it just seemed like a power problem (cord, plug, connection, etc) When I called Festool they told me about the brushes, after I put in the extra set that comes with the sander, I was off and running again.

I had the same thing happen with my sander when I was out on an install. (No brushes along). The Festool guy told me that I could simply remove the safety device from the brush and it would contuinue to operate. Just be sure to change the brushes soon. Got me out of a jamb though.

Johnny C

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.