Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    KCWOOD

I have recently started working with a designer in my area. This week she has asked me to meet with as client of hers, and go over the different installation techniques of Farmers Sinks. This will be my first experience with them, so any help would be great. I would assume they either go undermount or drop in…. but she made it sound like there was a lot of options to install one.

Ant help out there??? Thanks!

Kc,

I have done several for one designer and all I have ever told them was have it in place when we template and do not move it. Then when we get there we ask the home owner if the would like it to show a reaval around the sink ( about half the rim) or do a full overlay. Most of them choose the reveal and we do small 1/8″ round over on the bottom there and fill that will silicone to match color of sink. This way the can keep the sink clean and not worry abou the hidden grime on the overlay style. Good luck these always keep me up until we get them installed in case someone moved the sink or the template got off somehow.

Shane Barker

I agree with Reuben,

We have also done top mount styles, they are all a pain. Our last one we did the way Reuben describes with the reveal and the front edge dies into the side of the sink. They are all a little funky but the designers like them. Have fun and make sure you add some $$ to it.

Shane

KCWOOD

Thanks guys…. I guess I will just have to see the sink and decide then. I have done a websearch and found there are so many shapes, just hope it is not one with a bullnose and a drain board. All I know it was over 3 grand, so I will add a PITA charge to it. I couldn’t learn on a cheap model, oh no… that would be too easy.

kc

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.