Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Not sure if this has been discussed yet (am new to site), but was curious if anyone has experience with the ETemplate System.  We don’t have a CNC but want to advance to a digital templating system to help improve field measurement accuracy and enhance the level of information that is communicated to the shop.  Plan on using a CAD system to produce shop drawings (primarily laminate and ss fabrication) from the digital template system.
    Thanks

Gordon Shell

I know I’m the competition so I won’t hi-jack this thread just wanted to give you the Un-bias article regarding all systems in StoneWorld Magazine.
    Thanks

http://www.stoneworld.com/CDA/Articles/Feature_Article

I have extensive knowledge in it.  What would you like to know?

PM me your number and I can give you a call.

Guy Robertson

Gordon:

There are several articles featured in your link. Which one are we supposed to select?

Joe

Gordon Shell

Your right joe, I put up the entire magazine link, I will didg up the digital templating article and get it posted soon.

Thanks for paying attention.

Gordon Shell

http://www.stoneworld.com/CDA/Artic…0000390196

Here it is! the direct link to the digital article.

I use the LT-55 laser temlpating system. I dont know if it is the best as it is the only one I have used.

What I can tell you is that it is very accurate and very easy to use. I had no training and was shooting templates in our showroom in the first hour I owned it. I have learned some tricks since but you get the point.

CAD. Well I started using AutoCad about a month before I got the LT-55. I am self tought and took some free lessons over the net.

I would just hate it if I had to go back to manual templates. YUCK.

I did buy additional equipment to do full height backsplash etc but had no luck with it so we still stick template full height splash

Gordon Shell

Posted By Travis H on 16 Jan 2009 12:18 PM
    I use the LT-55 laser temlpating system. I dont know if it is the best as it is the only one I have used.

What I can tell you is that it is very accurate and very easy to use. I had no training and was shooting templates in our showroom in the first hour I owned it. I have learned some tricks since but you get the point.

CAD. Well I started using AutoCad about a month before I got the LT-55. I am self tought and took some free lessons over the net.

I would just hate it if I had to go back to manual templates. YUCK.

I did buy additional equipment to do full height backsplash etc but had no luck with it so we still stick template full height splash

Travis have you seen the attached video on using your full height backsplash bracket? If you have any questions you can call me on my Cell 616-293-6170, I’m on East Coast Time.
    I will also add the video into the Video section of the fabnet.
    Thanks!

http://www.laserproductsus.com/video/lt55/verticals.asp

Gordon Shell

I just added the video to the video section, my first download didn’t work so disregard the first video (maybe andy can clean up another one of my mistakes) the second video seems to work ok.
    I will work on adding all of our instructional videos into the media area soon.

George Owren

I use e-template and am very satisfied. I bought and scrapped two oher systems before e-tempate. you can PM me for more info.

Tim Jendro

We actually use both ETemplate and the LT-55.  If you would like our opinion of either (or both), feel free to PM me. 

Jason Coache

We studied most all digital template systems for a couple years (2003-2005) before we decided to buy the LT-55. I have NOT ever used the ETemplate or any of the other camera methods but have seen many demonstrations over the years. Not to mention a demonstration putting Fab’s Choice camera up against the LT-55 in a speed, accuaracy and efficiancy test in our showroom. Our opinion was that the LT-55 beat it out.

I think we had one of the first few LT-55’s out there purchased 3/05. It suits our needs just fine, I love it.

Mike Decker

RC:

I represent ETemplate System so I don’t want to answer your question directly. I can offer you a list of ETemplate users to contact. Let me know if you are interested in the list or have any questions.

Mike Decker

Please send Private Message to Mike for contact information.  Thanks, Moderator

bryanS

First post.

I work for a fabrication shop in Canada and have templated about 400 kitchens with E-template. The most important thing with the system seems to be making sure your camera is calibrated. As long as it’s in proper working order I highly recommend the system.

It is accurate to within 1/16″ over 150″ usually. Most of the time I simply can’t find any deviation from my tape measure check compared to the digital template. As mentioned it does have issue in really tight spaces on occasion but by tweaking in CAD I haven’t had any issues.

The only problem I have is that it is slower than making a physical template. On average I’d say it takes 1.5x as long to make an e-template as compared to making a paper template of the same piece. However it makes up for it by reading the cabinets on existing countertops with perfect accuracy and picks up wall scribes as well as I could by hand. In an 8 hour shift I can usually template 4-5 avg 60 sq/foot kitchens. On installs 90%+ pieces will go in without requiring any on sight alteration to fit.

I don’t have any experience with the laser or line templating systems to compare it to but I know in our local market that our electronic templating is more accurate than any of the competing shops that I have seen.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.