Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Davis Linder

Does anyone have any experience or opinions positive or negative on the Elcon brand vertical panel saw? I spoke with a used machine broker who sales Striebigs, Holz hers, Elcons, etc. and he spoke highly of the Elcon saw saying he thought it was on par with Holz Her verticals. He said the saw just isn’t marketed as well as the Holz Her or Striebig. Elcon is a dutch made saw that is imported by the Adwood Corporation. Anyway, just thought I would throw it out on the board to see if anyone had any feedback. Thanks.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I have a Holz-her. Thing works pretty good, I just don’t like the added features that made the saw cost more. Kind of overkill for what we do.

I haven’t heard of the brand you are talking about, but if you want to know more about the Holz-her you can give me a call anytime.

KCWOOD

I have been in woodworking since 1982… I have not heard of that brand. The test I use for used equipment… Call up the manufacturer and ask for parts. If it is an overseas call or you call someplace they do not speak english…. well… you know what I mean…..

TJ Sherwood

Been in it since ’84 KC and never saw one until a big push on Elcon several years ago. Have seen a few (note: few) in the Florida market but don’t have any feedback. As always, the tool is only as good as service after the sale. You get what you pay for.

Andy, on your Holz-her, are you running 300mm saw blades with either 72T or 96T and do they have a 30mm bore with 2 pinholes?

220mm x 30mm 64T for the Holz-Her

(post edited to remove spam)

And that exactly what Amana part # would that be? Amana make an industrial, semi-industrial and very low line blade in that form. Value…you get what you pay for coming in the next issue of Surface Fabrication magazine.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Dave,

I use the FSTool XL4000 solid surface blade. Not sure the exact teeth number, but I know it has the 300mm bore and two pin holes.

Josh Warneke

Andy, that’s an excellant blade. In my opinion, the best of the best. FS TOOL’s XL4000 has a seriously hardened carbide tooth and a modified triple chip grind especially formulated for Solid Surface. It aint cheap but you get what you pay for.

Andy,

96 teeth. Same ones we run in the streibig.

John

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

We like it because it gets perfect seams and it last a long time.

David Lynerd

Actually the XL4000 at 300MM is 100T.

DLinder33,

If I had a choice I’d go for the Striebig. I’ve used all three and the Elcon would be my 2nd choice. I would stay away from the power assist on any of them. I do have a customer in South Florida who thinks the world of his Elcon. He’s cut thousands of sheets of solid surface on it. Have another customer in Venice Fl. that wishes he’d spent the few extra thousand and bought the Striebig over the Holz-Her. But any of the three beat pushing a sheet through a table saw! And here’s a tip. Better more cfm not less on the vac system. Good Luck

Wes

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.