Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Has anyone ever tried a product called Dust Command. My boss wants to try it in our finishing area. It is supposed to attract dust ionically to the floor and hold it. According to the paper work you spray it on the floor once a week based on the amount of dust sometime every other week.

Thanks

John

I have heard about ionizing air thingys, but not a floor spray. Hoe much of this stuff do you need to spray?

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

John,

Can you give us a link so we can check it out?

Andy

When I get in the office friday morning I will send the link. According to their paperwork, it is good for cabinet shops, body repair shops, prety much any facility that makes dust. Looks like all you need to do is spray an even light coat of this stuff. The people gave me a sample and claims it is enough to cover half my shop for a week.

John

Here is the link for the company.

http://www.deltaforemost.com/index.html

I will let you know how it works, the owner here ordered some to try.

John

Jon Olson

Thanks John going to check it out

Ok, we tried a sample of it and ordered a drum. Not cheap but here is how it works. Spry it on the floor and when the dust settles it traps it on the floor. So even when you sweep the dust does not go higher than your ankle so it does not kepp moving through the shop. They told us to spray the tables and machines, let it dry then when we blow off the machines it falls straight to the floor instead of just floating again. Worked pretty well. In a solid surface shop you need to spray the floor after sweeping twice a week. one gallon does about 10K sq ft.

John

Here’s an idea. Employee of the month gets a special parking space. Worst employee of the month gets sprayed with dust command. This is sure to save on dust disposal costs as well.

The guys in my shop park further away because of the dust. We dust collectors on everything but the small sanders and even then we still make a good amount. I told my employees to add this to some body wash before they come to work.

John

Jon,
    Went to the website, looks good. What type of floors do you have? We have concrete and there appears to be different formulations for different applications / floors. Which one did you go with?

Thanks,
    Gabe

We go the standard dust command 3121. It seemed that the only difference they told us about was the regular and a water soluble one 3126-ES. Since we use some wet sanding applications and H2O w/ denat alc we were afraid it would not have time to bild up. The more build up the better it clumps up.

John

thanks jon-

Gabe

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.