Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Flex

Has anyone used the Dupont joint Adhesive- they say is used for quartz and solid surface, to attach a solid surface sink bowl to a quartz top. We have been using silicone with clips and now we want to try this joint adhesive, maybe without clips. Any thoughts??

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I have used Dupont Joint Adhesive, but it is very expensive. You may want to try Integra or Artisan Adhesives.

You should be fine gluing with joint adhesive. It will stick to both surfaces.

Are you going to grind the sink opening flush with the sink? Although I have not done it myself, I hear it can be done successfully.

KCWOOD

Posted By Andy Graves on 25 Feb 2010 04:05 PM
    I have used Dupont Joint Adhesive, but it is very expensive. You may want to try Integra or Artisan Adhesives.

You should be fine gluing with joint adhesive. It will stick to both surfaces.

Are you going to grind the sink opening flush with the sink? Although I have not done it myself, I hear it can be done successfully.

Andy,
        I attached a ss vanity bowl to a piece of Silestone using SS adhesive.  I had it outside to get the extreme of temps.  When it got down to low 20’s the sink popped off. 

Would it in a house? Not sure… would if had popped off if it had been in a house during our ice storm last year with no heat for weeks…. possibly

Flex

We don’t typically grind the sink flush. In small vanities we make the top sink opening smaller than the actual sink, so the top has a small overlap. On the kitchen sinks we leave part of the sink lip showing ,because we put sink covers in for more counter space.These are RV’s that we do this in. thanks for the less expensive adhesive.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Integra also makes a two part adhesive that stays flexible. Since you are not adhering to cut flush, this might be a better long term option.

Jean Poisson

Integra makes a product used to mount sink fasteners to Solid Surface and Quartz (Composite Bonder RTP-01) This has been used in the described application for several years with good success. We didn’t design it for mounting sinks to quartz but it is designed for attaching metal fasteners to quartz and it has almost 100% elongation so it will allow limited movement between the materials caused by differences in the thermal coefficient of expansion.
    To provide some insurance against unforeseen circumstances, the installer should also have some blocking under the sink or glue on some fasteners.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Thanks for responding Jean.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.