Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Handley

Fabnetters,

We often get calls at MIA from the Home improvement channels looking for material and labor donations.  Yesterday we got a different kind of call.

Rather than looking for cash or stone, the producers wanted us to post the casting call below for their new series Dominator.

Do you think you have what it takes to compete as a mason? DIY Network is currently casting contestants for its new trade challenge series DIY Dominator hosted by Chris Grundy. Successful candidates will be highly skilled and experienced, work fast under pressure, be able to problem solve, design, and complete high quality work faster than anyone else on a crew! Three masonry contestants will compete in a series of challenges for a $10,000 Grand Prize. Runner-ups will receive $500 for their participation. Shooting will take place in the Denver area in mid-October. If you are creative, hip, and talented, we want to hear from you!

Request an application by emailing: cbaggish@highnoontv.com

The producer Cindy also indicated that the show covers transportation, lodging, and a stipend for all contestants.  

Also, here is a link that will take you to the show’s webpage: http://www.diynetwork.com/diy-dominator/show/index.html       

Jeff

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Interesting. Too bad Refresh Gene doesn’t do masonry. He would be great on TV.

Tom M

Yeah, Greenie would knock ’em dead, as opposed to those of us who have a face for radio.

Jeff Handley

You know, I immediately thought that Gene could wow a creative surfacing TV show. He tells great stories and is ultra personable.

If I ever get a surfacing casting call, I will send them straight to FabNet

Jeff

Wow! youse guys are great…got me all teary eyed and stuff….Thanx..that would be fun…doing stuff like that…But guys I am a Tv star…I was on the second season of cops…just kidding,they caught me on film..hahahhaa 

For real though, if anyone done tv filming while they work..its gotta to be the craziest..what I thought would be an 8 hour install took me 80. When Tv cameras are there in your face while seaming, and fitting…You have to wait for proper lighting, the designer wants the angle of the camera to shine, you hafta to install the Island at 2 pm because that is when the sun shines thru windows to illuminate the filming…Jeez

I also yelled a bad word on camera,that was a cut and a do-over..the blooper video is gonna be the best..cause I was “shooing” the camera outta my face..it should air soon on National TV, but I wish it was local..cause I did it for marketing, I dont think people from nebraska will call me to come template their kitchen…but it was an experience im glad i got under my belt

Tom M

“I also yelled a bad word on camera,…”

I believe that, in the world of reality TV, that is not a feature, not a bug.

Lenny E

Gene,

Congrats on your “STAR” status. Way to go! You da man! I can just see you now shooing the camera out of your face! Let me know when that airs, Id love to make arrangements to view that here if I can get it. Man, thats an excuse for a party……Ya All come over, Gene is on TV!

Norm Walters

Gene, let us know when the show is going to be on.

I never thought I when I decided to do kitchens, I would hafta wear friggin make-up.. I threw some shots in of the kitchen island and one of the baths

I know big ass island 90 sq ft

I love these sinks

Lenny E

Hi Andy, and all,

Is there anyway possible to get a link on this site to Genes TV show! Thats got be required viewing for anyone in the surfacing industry.

If I cant find a way to view that, and if  all else fails can someone please record that on a DVD and mail it to me. Ill pay for the courier,

I dont want to miss the Green Genies TV debut!

Gene,

Im thinking maybe some hollywood scouts are out there looking at you. It wouldnt surprize me if you were cast in the next James Bond movie! I can see it now!

“My name is Bond, …………….Gene Bond”

Lenny ya had me laughing my butt off… I would feel more comfortable doing it like a mob movie… I wanna be the Green Godfather…when I catch a snitch or someone stealing my business I’ll can now attch their feet to recycled glass and concrete sink cutouts to swim with da fishes…

I wouldn’t last on a show too long, I have too much fun in life and love to crack jokes mixed with my pearls of sarcasim…most of these home improvement shows are yawning material…Plus I cant help it when someone gets close to me with a camera I automatcally punch it

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Dani,

Gene can post a link when it is going to be on. I am not sure what it is.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.