Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lenny E

In past science courses they treated the Universe as static..lil particles (existing for ever hah, aha) bouncing around in the  time space curve.

However it’s a bit more complex than that.
    The Universe isn’t static, it’s dynamic, and created by the God from moment to moment!
    Tom M

I believe Mr. Descartes would both agree and disagree with you. Created by G-d, but lasting once created. Cogito ergo Sum and all that.

Besides, wouldn’t G-d be perennially busy for that to be true? How smart a deity is that? Gimmee one who sits back and lets the show run its course.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I like the created ‘by the God’ line.

Lenny E

Its a job Tom, God punches the clock like we all do.

That’s why he understands us.

BTW, God does not belong to a Union. Just thought I’d throw that out there for discussion.

Tom M

Heh,for most of the day, we have a Catholic G-d. Always active and ever involved. Then, at 5:00, G-d punches the clock and the “Receding G-d” theory kicks in and we are on our own for the rest of the day and night. Two theologies accommodated. Not bad, not bad.

I guess it would take War, Famine, Pestilence and that other Horsemen to get the Deity to put in some OT.

David Gerard

which god are we talking about here? Many cultures around the world figure their god is the true god.

Tom, which time zone?

Tom M

As they say, variety is the spice of deity.

I still like to think that there was actually a beginning. That something somehow started this ball rolling. I think it would be nice to have somewhere to go after you leave your mortal coil. Being that you’ll never know for sure until you pass on, I’m betting on redemption, personally.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.