Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Shane Barker

I guess that is why they call it a hand rubbed finish.[EMO]bigsmile.gif[/EMO]

Shane

Andy, once I was rushing through the shop giving marching orders for the day, late for an appointment. One worker was told to glue up a large pallet of panels for raised paneled doors as part of his work for the day. I came back to the shop late afternoon and started checking that everything that I left instructions for was completed. I saw a large stack of clamped up panels, as well as his other jobs pretty well completed. Good, thought we had made a little money that day.

The next morning, the guy was given the task of unclamping, storing the clamps and running the panels through the planner. A few minutes later he rushed into the office complaining that the panels were falling apart. I asked him what glue he had used and he replied “Glue?”……

I had another assembling chairs once, gluing and pinning with a brad nailer a particular joint. Of course he ran out of nails in a few minutes and forgot to reload. I guess he decided that the gun made the nails out of thin air or something.

Chris Jo

Had a customer call one day in a panic because his new double headed wide belt sander was shredding belts. While the 1st two sanding belts that came on the sander did fine, the ones I had delivered to him were flying apart as soon as his guy hit the on switch. He wanted to know what type of crappy belts I was selling him. So, I drove over to try and figure this dilema out. Did’nt take long. I explained to his guy that when you flip the lock lever up to get an old belt off…you have to push it back down after you put a new belt on! LOL This guy went through a couple hundred dollars worth of wide belts…put a new belt on, hit the switch…repeat process.

That was 10 years ago…he still buys wide belts and after this amount of time, we can at least laugh about it. It was not funny thaty day!

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.