Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jim Fowler

Hi Guys,

Its great to have so much information available for free, thanks for your dedication to our industry.

I must apologize for not participating more in some of the discussions it seems as though I only get involved when I need some help, but I don’t type very well and it takes me a long time to say anything, I hope you all understand.

I’m looking for a quick & efficient way to digitize templates that come from customers who don’t use CAD or have CNC equipment.

We use PhotoTop to do our own site measuring (with great success I might add) the latest upgrade has really improved the down load time.
    We have 2 full time measure guys and are also training some of our customers to use the PhotoTop system to do their own measuring, but some shops are just not confident enough with the technology and insist on sending us full sized templates to work from.

We do PhotoTop some templates in the shop or digitize them on the AXYZ CNC but can’t spare the time on the CNC which is really too darn slow to digitize on anyway, and PhotoTop is also a little cumbersome for measuring templates.

I think a portable system would be quicker and more flexible.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jim Fowler

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Jim,

I have a digitizing board. BUT, it cost about $8000. So I am not sure that is the route you would want to take, just to make some kitchen templates. There may be an CAD board or something like that, which is much smaller and cheaper that would do things the size of a template.

How much are you looking to spend?

Andy

Tammy Olson

You could go to the bvh gregg stealth system- they have a smaller version available now-

otherwise we are going to sell our photo top system- we have had it for less than 6 months- no problems— we loved it but we are going a little less digitial..

tammy

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Try this website

http://www.nemi.com

It is a digitizing board that will do exactly what you want.

Andy

Jon Olson

Tammy if your selling the Photo-top system drop me an e-mail.. Thanks Jon

Tammy Olson

Jon – email on the way!

Tammy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.