Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hey all,

Just curious who here is using a digitizing table to convert templates to dxf, and what brands.

Also, what are good features/things you would like improved.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I use Skalar but I think they are out of business. I love ours. I wish the board was a bit taller than the 5′ and a bit longer. Not that I make tops that big, but I make templates that big and then decide where to put the seam on the computer.

I think Shane has one, not sure what brand though.

Jon Olson

WE have one in storage. It did a great job for us while in service. Wider board would have been better. very simple to use The board was 48×144. Since we moved over to photo top it wasn’t needed at that point.

Jon,

You never have a customer bring in a template and ask you to make “this”. we find that even though we use digital templating we can not get rid of our digitizing board.

John

Jon Olson

Hey John. Any templates that come in off the street we still Photo-top. We still charge a temp charge even for those. It would have been nice to keep the board up. But floor space comes at a minimum here.

Shane Barker

We have one from Outline Technologies that uses Intelicad for the drawing. I agree with Andy that a larger table would be good. Ours is 60 x 150 and sometimes it would be nice to have it a little taller. I don’t see ever getting rid of ours because of what John said, they really come in handy. I feel that ours is over built, but that is what attracted me to it. It has a metal table so you can use magnets to hold the templates if needed. It is very fast and accurate and built to last. I am not sure if they are still in business or not and their service after the sale could improve but all and all it is a nice unit.

Shane

Seth Emery

The one my employer has is from Outline Technologies also, as Shane’s is. The working area of the table is 70″x144″. It is very dependable and low-maintenance. Being able to hold the templates in place with magnets is great. The only thing that it is missing is a good help file. We moved it once and had to recalibrate it. Not too much trouble, but written instructions would’ve simplified things.

Have a good one,

Seth

Seth Emery

Here is the link to Outline Technologies. It looks like they are still active in further developing their product.

Have a nice evening,

Seth

Tom M

At the second ISSFA show, I remember seeing a company that made scanning tabels. Now these actually scanned, like a scanner sitting in your office does. Mostly designed for sink templates, etc.

Why can’t someone make a template scanner, where the movement of the rollers give the same effect as the platten moving on the office scanner? This way it would take up less floor space, but for iinfeed and outfeed.

Or is that as stupid as it sounded when I reread it?

Tom

The Lt-55 creates a .dxf in the field complete with overhangs, sinl centers and etc. Laser shoots 600 feet any direction. You can also use it for a digitizer in the shop for hard templates or sinks or etc.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.