Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anyone ever use diomond blades to cut solid surface? If so how does it compare to a carbide blade?

Brian Davis

Travis, from a distributors standpoint I can tell you that I’ve only sold diamond tooling 1 time for solid surface and it was a 2pc. Panel Saw Set to WILSONART…6 years ago. Quite frankly, while in the world of carbide there are”solid surface blades” (modified triple chips), most customers are using a good quality triple chip weather it’s for a staionary saw, Striebig…whatever.

More to follow…

Robert Yue

Anyway, diamond tooling as I see it in the markets we serve is limited. We have sold many diamond router bits for CNC’s but primarily to the cabinet mfg’s. Not saying it’s not sold but nobody is beating our door down for it and quite frankly, we don’t push it. That 2pc. panel saw set we sold was around $3,000.00. A carbide tipped set of good quality would be around $375.00. I recently quoted a customer on a 300mmx72T for his Striebig. It was $2,200.00. He thought the FS Tool XL4000 blades he has been buying would still work for around $150.00. On the other hand, we have many SS fabricators using solid carbide insert tooling router bits on their CNC’s.

Dave

We cut a lot of acrylic/polyester material and I am thankful for the diamond tooling in our CNC. If it were carbide we would be touching off a lot tools. If you are only going to be doing a couple of jobs per week, carbide is fine just get two of each profile. For hand tools diamond is not worth it in my opion and neither for a panel saw, you can buy a lot of good carbide blades for 1 diamond. If you were going to do CNC work I would say get diamond profile bits.

John

And I would guess John that the next time you require diamond tooling, that FEDSAW will have a crack at the quote…WE’LL CRUSH them! By the way, we also offer a diamond tooling sharpening service.

Diamond Dave

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.